Author Topic: What are the User Ranks?  (Read 7595 times)

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
Re: What are the User Ranks?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
However I think that 5000 is a good spot for "Guardian of Reason." ;D

Do you think that because it's the group you're currently in? :P

No. In fact I'm not particularly fond of that user rank, but 5,000 is a sort of landmark and "Guardian" implies a solid position in the community. If a better user rank is proposed for 5,000, I'd have no objections to changing it and moving "Guardian of Reason" up on the list.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Administrator
  • Silly Overlord
  • "Fire together, wire together"
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 09:53:50 PM »

No. In fact I'm not particularly fond of that user rank, but 5,000 is a sort of landmark and "Guardian" implies a solid position in the community. If a better user rank is proposed for 5,000, I'd have no objections to changing it and moving "Guardian of Reason" up on the list.

I was joking there. :sidesmile: ;)

The way I see it, there is a certain arrogant streak to the rank "Guardian of Reason", but I like it. It's like one of those badges you want to wear, even if you aren't always reasonable.  :shifty:
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2017, 09:55:40 PM »

The way I see it, there is a certain arrogant streak to the rank "Guardian of Reason", but I like it. It's like one of those badges you want to wear, even if you aren't always reasonable.  :shifty:
:computerwave:
Yes, that's me.

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »

Yep, I got the humor there, and should have added a smiley before my reply.  ;)  You've also put your finger on the reason for my feelings about my current user rank.  :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2017, 11:00:56 PM »
Recusant, your current Avatar is appropriate.  You input does remind me of the many insightful pronouncements of Isaac Assimov.

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2017, 11:20:14 PM »
Recusant, your current Avatar is appropriate.  You input does remind me of the many insightful pronouncements of Isaac Assimov.

You flatter me overmuch, Icarus, but I thank you.  :embarrassed:

I've been an admirer of Asimov since my childhood, and today is one of the days that I celebrate his birthday. Nobody knows precisely on which date he was born, but October 4 is one, January 2 the other.
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Administrator
  • Silly Overlord
  • "Fire together, wire together"
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2017, 01:06:45 AM »

Yep, I got the humor there, and should have added a smiley before my reply.  ;)  You've also put your finger on the reason for my feelings about my current user rank.  :cheers:

:whew: For a moment there I thought you thought I was being serious.
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.