Community > Parenting Beyond Belief

"transgenderism" in children

<< < (2/18) > >>

Recusant:

--- Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:13:22 AM ---So the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children...
--- End quote ---

How common is this?

AngelOfDeath:

I have no idea of the numbers.

xSilverPhinx:

--- Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:13:22 AM ---I'm sure the range of anomalies and birth defects are beyond what I can fathom.  Those with these defects are still a teeny tiny tiny minority.  Maybe they don't consider themselves defective, but the science def does tell us that they are anomalies with birth defects.  If they aren't fit to reproduce they'd naturally be removed from the gene pool.

So the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children...

--- End quote ---

Again, I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is.

(Just an FYI, some XX men can have 'normal' lives and children, though most likely they'd be all daughters.)

AngelOfDeath:

Yes, but I just mentioned the main issue, and you totally ignored it.

xSilverPhinx:

--- Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:29:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 11, 2017, 12:22:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:13:22 AM ---I'm sure the range of anomalies and birth defects are beyond what I can fathom.  Those with these defects are still a teeny tiny tiny minority.  Maybe they don't consider themselves defective, but the science def does tell us that they are anomalies with birth defects.  If they aren't fit to reproduce they'd naturally be removed from the gene pool.

So the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children...

--- End quote ---

Again, I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is.

(Just an FYI, some XX men can have 'normal' lives and children, though most likely they'd be all daughters.)

--- End quote ---

Yes, but I just mentioned the main issue, and you totally ignored it.  So again, the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children and whether it's ethical ...

--- End quote ---

I'm not ignoring it. Like I said:

--- Quote ---I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is.
--- End quote ---

I assumed you would take it to one of its conclusions.

If someone wants to undergo gender reassignment, then why impede it? Because you think it's "quite insane"?
A child might save themselves a lot of confusion and pain if allowed do it. Though, I think at which age would depend on their condition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version