Community > Parenting Beyond Belief

"transgenderism" in children

(1/18) > >>

AngelOfDeath:
<deleted

xSilverPhinx:

--- Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 10, 2017, 11:01:36 PM ---Add to that all these multiple "genders" they've cooked up in their heads.  I'm too old to follow the sort of nonsense they cook up and it's all a bit confusing.  They can have all the genders they want I guess, but in reality there are only 2 sexes.
--- End quote ---

:eyebrow: Is gender identity the same thing as biological sex?

--- Quote ---They can go chopping off or adding whatever parts and injecting hormones and all that, but the thing's DNA is either a male or female (yes there are birth defects that make it look likes it's a bit of both, but does it produce babies or does it produce sperm?  Do any of these "hermaphrodite" humans self-fertilize themselves?  do they produce viable sperms? or do they conceive and birth a child?
--- End quote ---

It's way more complex than you paint it, and it isn't down to just what chromosomes the individual has. 

For instance:

People with 5 alpha-Reductase deficiency cannot produce dihydrotestosterone from testosterone. Androgen receptors are more sensitive to dihydrotestosterone than testosterone and people with this condition are known to be raised female only to grow a penis at the start of puberty, around the age of 12. Surprise!

Speaking of androgens, there is also the androgen insensitivity syndrome, in which individuals are genetically male (XY) but cells that are responsible for the development of male characteristics do not respond to male hormones, and so have underdeveloped genitalia and possibly a female gender identity.

Ever hear of XX male syndrome? It's when an X contains a sex-determining region Y (SRY). SRYs are found in most Y chromosomes and favour the development of male characteristics.

Those are the few that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

Personally, I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is. It's insulting and insinuates that you know more about their mental and physiological state than they do.

No one:
Now now Argentium, it's always the ill-informed's place to blather on and tell others just how wrong they truly are.

xSilverPhinx:

--- Quote from: No one on December 10, 2017, 11:52:13 PM ---Now now Argentium, it's always the ill-informed's place to blather on and tell others just how wrong they truly are.

--- End quote ---

Ignorance must be countered!  :blahblah:

AngelOfDeath:

I'm sure the range of anomalies and birth defects are beyond what I can fathom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version