News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Real face of America and Israel

Started by sweetto, December 10, 2017, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetto

Americans and trump say "Other terrorists(isis etc) are bad but my terrorists(Israel) are good and we will support them;

Recently trump announced Jerusalem as the capital of Israel which is the place of Palestine

Israeli forces killing the innocent Palestinians everyday with the help of America
Muslims are peaceful and we condemn every kind of terrorism
Stand for humanity if you have a soft heart

Sent from my QMobile X35 using Tapatalk

Dave

Whilst I am, to a degree, sympathetic with the Palestinian cause - and also anti-Trump - I am not sure if the comparison with 9/11 is valid.

But, basically, I think all sides in that area are as bad as each other, all driven by ancient enmities that their religions, or religious sects, have fostered. There can be no peace where there is racial, national and religious conflict that has become part of the transgenerational culture and heritage.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Tank

So Palestinian Christians don't matter. K
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Good to see you admit that 9/11 was a Muslim/Islamist attack.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

I've lost any sympathies towards Israel and Palestine many years ago.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on December 10, 2017, 11:55:31 AM
I've lost any sympathies towards Israel and Palestine many years ago

Me too.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

I lost my sympathies for humanity very long ago. Fighting over a patch of dirt that was here long  before you were, and will be here long after you're gone is futile, and only further illustrates the backwards thinking of the planets most devastating virus.

AngelOfDeath

I'm confused.

AngelOfDeath

why can't these just get along

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dave on December 10, 2017, 11:12:38 AM
Whilst I am, to a degree, sympathetic with the Palestinian cause - and also anti-Trump - I am not sure if the comparison with 9/11 is valid.

But, basically, I think all sides in that area are as bad as each other, all driven by ancient enmities that their religions, or religious sects, have fostered. There can be no peace where there is racial, national and religious conflict that has become part of the transgenerational culture and heritage.

Agreed.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: sweetto on December 10, 2017, 11:01:34 AM

So are Xtians, to hear them tell it.  We still see plenty of Xtian violence and support for certain kinds of terrorism.  As far as I can see, it's the same for Muslims.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:19:09 AM
why can't these moslems and jews just get along
Too nationalistic, racist and too long a memory. What do you expect from apes with just enough brains to be dangerous?

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 11, 2017, 01:23:28 AM
Quote from: sweetto on December 10, 2017, 11:01:34 AM

So are Xtians, to hear them tell it.  We still see plenty of Xtian violence and support for certain kinds of terrorism.  As far as I can see, it's the same for Muslims.

Good point, Sandy.

So, sweetto, none of those terrorists with explosive vests, guns, knives etc from Palestine are terrorists? If the Israeli and American national forces are terrorists so then are the national forces of Palestine - thus none of these Palestinian soldiers are Muslims? Al Qaeda are not Muslims? Daesh are not Muslims? Boko haram are not Muslim? Those, and others, praising Allah are all organisations that indulge in terror, that prey on innocent people specifically.

You cannot fight for peace, by the very actions of using violence, even to defend yourself, you destroy peace. But then you destroy yourself, at least as a nation. So no kind of violence, aggressive or defensive, ever truly wins.

Look at a map of those areas with the strongest religious traits and, basically, you find most of the areas with the most violence. It does not matter what the religion, Christian, Catholic, South and Central America is the most violent, nost politically and economically unstable area in the Western world. The whole of the Near and Middle East, pluc South Asia, is one mess of violence, sect against sect, denomination against denomination, state against state. A large part of Africa is inflicted with inter-denominational violence, other parts with inter-tribal violence.

So, these ancient forces of religion, tribalism and nationalism are excuses mankind uses to drive the even older tendency to protect his immediate group and hunting/gathering territory against the neighbours. The tactics are basically meaningless, the child killed by the suicide bomber is just as dead as the one killed by the bullet fired, the bomb dropped from a plane or the rocket or missile from the Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Buddhidt, Hindu or atheist enemy. None is more justified than any other, all are selfish.

"He did it to me first" is the excuse of a child with no wisdom.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:17:00 AM
Quote from: No one on December 10, 2017, 11:44:10 PM
I lost my sympathies for humanity very long ago. Fighting over a patch of dirt that was here long  before you were, and will be here long after you're gone is futile, and only further illustrates the backwards thinking of the planets most devastating virus.

I'm confused. Is the virus religion? or humanity?

It's humanity.  Religion is just one strain.