Author Topic: Another Mass Shooting  (Read 8164 times)

Dave

• Formerly known as Gloucester
  • Wears a Colander Hat for Special Occasions
Re: Another Mass Shooting
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2018, 12:39:52 AM »
Just heard that the Santa Fé killer used a pistol and a shotgun - sort of fits in with my thoughts about a lax attitude to the security of desdly "tools".

OK, no parent wants to admit that there kid might become a killer and take domestic sevurity measures against the possibillity. Bet every parent conncerned is gutted, but will every other gun owning parent take adequate measures unless they face severe punishment? Even then there will be idiots.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2018, 05:16:48 AM »

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2018, 12:59:07 AM »
^ A stimulating video Arturo.  I fear that there are elements of truth in what the speaker is saying. 

One of our lesser utilized networks is PBS who does not have commercials in the usual way.  Too bad that PBS is not subscribed by the masses.  There are those of us who do but we are in the minority.

In addition there is NPR (National Public Radio) that often has some brilliant content. NPR does not have commercials either.  Once again it is not subscribed by the masses but it is used by the more educated who are also the minority audience.

Neither of these communicators are particularly political in nature.  They are often accused of being too liberal but they do present both sides of an argument rather well.

Dave

• Formerly known as Gloucester
  • Wears a Colander Hat for Special Occasions
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2018, 01:24:19 AM »
^ A stimulating video Arturo.  I fear that there are elements of truth in what the speaker is saying. 

One of our lesser utilized networks is PBS who does not have commercials in the usual way.  Too bad that PBS is not subscribed by the masses.  There are those of us who do but we are in the minority.

In addition there is NPR (National Public Radio) that often has some brilliant content. NPR does not have commercials either.  Once again it is not subscribed by the masses but it is used by the more educated who are also the minority audience.

Neither of these communicators are particularly political in nature.  They are often accused of being too liberal but they do present both sides of an argument rather well.

Got some PBS videos - good stuff. Not surprised to hear that it has low suscription though, actually requires some intelligence! No naked sexy stuff, no violence, no raucous humour - nothing for the unwashed masses.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2018, 06:09:04 PM »

Got some PBS videos - good stuff. Not surprised to hear that it has low suscription though, actually requires some intelligence! No naked sexy stuff, no violence, no raucous humour - nothing for the unwashed masses.

I don't have the link anymore because I moved last year and the link was in my old browser at my Dad's house but when Obama increased the money for social services, most of that money went into funding things like PBS and NPR. And the way they do things is that the donators pick what gets put on there shows. So when the economy was collapsing (in the Bush era) most people who were donating did not have the money to do so anymore. So the government stepped in and did so.

And now Trump has been elected and he decreased the money for disabled and elderly. NOT for PBS and NPR. Or at least that wasn't mentioned. And he got away with that quietly because of all the racket and whining about the "Social Services has sooo much money being spent on it". Not the fact that most of that money was going to NPR and PBS. Which it still probably is, but the Trump administration is in charge of that now.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱