Author Topic: Talk About Star Wars With All the Spoilers You Want  (Read 14005 times)

Davin

• Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
  • (o°-°)=o o(o*-°)
    • DevPirates
Re: Talk About Star Wars With All the Spoilers You Want
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2018, 04:14:14 PM »
I liked it. It wasn't a great movie, but it was decent.

Felt like they could have paced it a bit better. Some places felt too rushed and others lingered too long.

Also, I think the time jumps could have helped out if used in different places. Like give the group some time to get to know each other to build some bonds, but it was like he went straight into the group and then they pretty much instantly became "friends" and got along. Didn't feel natural to me.

A few other things, it felt like they were just trying to plug up the holes in Han Solo's past with explanations like this was going to be the only film. Like, "whew, got that name thing in there, the Kessel run in parsecs cleared up... etc. now that takes care of every mention of Han Solo's past in all the other movies." But then set up the end for what looked like a sequel.

However, the banter was good, the Childish Gambino as Lando was genius casting, and it kept Han Solo's (and Lando's), character not too far off from what we see in the original trilogy.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2018, 05:42:39 PM »
7.5 to 8/10 worth a watch.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Administrator
  • Luxembourg Trembles!
  • "Fire together, wire together"
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
Also, I think the time jumps could have helped out if used in different places. Like give the group some time to get to know each other to build some bonds, but it was like he went straight into the group and then they pretty much instantly became "friends" and got along. Didn't feel natural to me.

I agree. The instant friendship between Han Solo and Chewbacca also seemed rushed to me. Why would Chewbacca decide not to join the other Wookies he saved and instead stayed with Han Solo? There didn't seem any reason to other than Chewbacca developed some sort of man crush on Han...it just seemed underdeveloped. 

However, the banter was good, the Childish Gambino as Lando was genius casting, and it kept Han Solo's (and Lando's), character not too far off from what we see in the original trilogy.

Yes, Danny Glover was indeed perfect in the role, that guy is definitely multitalented.

Give no mercy to your fear.