Author Topic: Women and Pain Management  (Read 1978 times)

Sandra Craft

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
Re: Women and Pain Management
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 01:52:21 AM »
Not uncommon for women to be told their health problems are due to stress, lack of sleep, weight, or any number of things.

The stupidest thing I ever had a doctor tell me, when I was in my 20s, was that I was too young to have anything be seriously wrong with me.  My first thought was to wonder if he had gotten his diploma out of a box of Cracker Jack, my second thoughts were of 5 yr olds with brain tumors and 10 yr olds with leukemia.  I didn't say anything, but I think the look on my face gave me away -- the last few minutes of our visit were very strained, and I did not see him a second time.
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 02:29:53 AM »
Not uncommon for women to be told their health problems are due to stress, lack of sleep, weight, or any number of things.

The stupidest thing I ever had a doctor tell me, when I was in my 20s, was that I was too young to have anything be seriously wrong with me.  My first thought was to wonder if he had gotten his diploma out of a box of Cracker Jack, my second thoughts were of 5 yr olds with brain tumors and 10 yr olds with leukemia.  I didn't say anything, but I think the look on my face gave me away -- the last few minutes of our visit were very strained, and I did not see him a second time.

The stupidest thing I ever had a doctor tell me was that the pain I felt on the left side of my abdomen was in my head. Like you, I didn’t say anything, but I thought, “Um...No, I’m pretty sure the pain is on the left side of my abdomen...not my head.” I did not see him a second time.

By the way, BooksCatsEtc, it's nice to 'see' you again. :daisies:

Sandra Craft

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 04:16:42 AM »
By the way, BooksCatsEtc, it's nice to 'see' you again. :daisies:

Aw, thank you!  I love daisies.

Did you ever find out what the pain in your abdomen was?
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 06:06:24 AM »
It's a long story, but the answer to your question is, yes.  :)

Davin

• (o°-°)=o o(o*-°)
    • DevPirates
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »

Ha-Ha! ;D
No! >:(
It wasn't anything like that. It was no big deal, really. Just took large quantities of Pepto-Bismol and that took care of my little problem:

You see? It was just a tiny benign tumor--No big deal.