News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Member Input - Site Color/Layout/Features

Started by Whitney, April 10, 2008, 06:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I'm probably not going to stick with a pre-made theme but wanted to get us to a more aesthetically pleasing place asap.

I want something that will work with blue because i love the blue smilies :D

Will

Blue Ice is kinda cool.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

joeactor

I'm not too concerned about the look - it's good for me.

You might wanna turn on some of the anti-spammer measures.
4 new spams in the Lounge...

Cheers,
JoeActor

rlrose328

I like the Charcoal2 and zerospace templates, but I'm partial to darker screens.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

MommaSquid

Quote from: "joeactor"I'm not too concerned about the look - it's good for me.

You might wanna turn on some of the anti-spammer measures.

Cheers,
JoeActor

Freakin' spammers!    :upset:    And there's no way to report the post to the mods.  Is there a way to change that?

Whitney

Quote from: "joeactor"You might wanna turn on some of the anti-spammer measures.

I need to upgrade to a stronger captcha...I've read that the default one is easy to get around.

Quotethere's no way to report the post to the mods. Is there a way to change that?

I'll look into it...there shouldn't be any reason why I can't add that feature or similar back to the forum.

Whitney

mommasquid....until I get an in thread report button I've created a forum area for reporting spam, spammers and trolls.  

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/viewforum.php?f=16

Whitney

Captcha has been updated....that should fix the spam problem...if not, there is one more easy thing I can do.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "laetusatheos"mommasquid....until I get an in thread report button I've created a forum area for reporting spam, spammers and trolls.  

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/viewforum.php?f=16

Thanks for the quick response.  I just love it when site mods care about their forums.   :D

SteveS

Quote from: "MommaSquid"I just love it when site mods care about their forums.
Hear her, hear her!  Couldn't agree more strongly - you do a great job, laetusatheos!

Asmodean

I'd love to have a matte black/brushed aluminium theme... Maybe I'll make one when I have the time if there are more people out there who want one :-)

That said, I think having a portal would be nice. Still, some people consider forum portals a huge waste of time and bandwidth so... yeah. Other than that, the place does look good.  :cool:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Quote from: "Asmodean"That said, I think having a portal would be nice.

We use to have a portal...but we got hacked and I decided to scratch everything but the posts/members and start over.  I'm going to get a portal back up again eventually.  But this time I'm not going to use someone else's portal script...the old one simply had too many bugs and too many unnecessary add ons.   I'm not even sure if I'll make a true portal or just a home page that include the header so everything can be accessed easily....probably will depend on my mood when I sit down long enough to design something.

Smarmy Of One

I've been out of the loop for a while. The site changed while I was away and my bookmark no longer worked. I thought Happy Atheist was no more...  :D

curiosityandthecat

Personally, I like the forum. I think it looks great. Maybe a bit more customization would be nice, though. "Awards" for lack of a better term. Or possibly a large number of "statuses" (ie, Member, HAF Addict, etc... I can only imagine what we could do with those, hah)? Or possibly even something like PMOG has in the way of "badges." (Ten points to the first person who claims they don't need no stinkin' badges.)

Cheers to the admin for creating such a great, warm, embracing place for us atheists lost in the sea of believers!
-Curio

Asmodean

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Cheers to the admin for creating such a great, warm, embracing place for us atheists lost in the sea of believers!
[Delusions of grandure]No no no, you misunderstand, it's the believers who are lost in the sea of well... ME!  :devil: [/delusions]

I have a suggestion though: more smilies.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.