Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg runs for president.  (Read 270 times)

Tank

• Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
Pete Buttigieg runs for president.
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:35:50 AM »
Pete Buttigieg is going to put the cat among the pigeons. Veteran of Afghanistan, Rhodes scholar, gay married man, democrat, Christian and 37 years old. Mike Pence's nightmare  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

• Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
  • (o°-°)=o o(o*-°)
    • DevPirates
Re: Pete Buttigieg runs for president.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:05 PM »
I like the guy, but the field is still pretty big, there are others I also think are also good. At least at this point I can't pick which I would support.

However, I will vote for any of the 283 Democrats running for president in 2020, I just hope it's a good one.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 12:51:23 AM »
I have absolutely no problem with Mayor Pete's sexual orientation.  I can admire his intellectual achievements as well. I do have a problem with his ultra religious posture.  The puzzling part  is that since he has a more comprehensive education than we ordinary folks, then how can he be such an outspoken public bible thumper?  Is his candidacy just a gimmick or is he actually serious?

Dark Lightning

• Rides the Sonic Rain Boom
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
A bible-thumper who ignores Leviticus. What a shock. I don't care at all about his sexual orientation, btw. The field is pretty big for now. I just hope the Dems don't turn the primaries into a clown car, although seems to have worked for the Reps.