Author Topic: If you had a time machine that could travel into the past, what era would you vi  (Read 1214 times)

Tank

• Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
I would go back in time for about 55 to 60 years.  There I could make a whole series of better judgements about my future prosperity.   I made a slew of youthful misjudgements when I was in my career development period.  I was smitten by fast cars, motorcycles and boats.  All that seemed to be more important than concentrating on my college studies, professional, and social contacts. ...................Who among us would not choose to make  more insightful decisions when we were callow youths?

:felix:

A few. That's for sure. But then how could I know that the changes I made wouldn't turn out worse?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

• Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
  • Idiot Symmetrician
I would go back in time for about 55 to 60 years.  There I could make a whole series of better judgements about my future prosperity.   I made a slew of youthful misjudgements when I was in my career development period.  I was smitten by fast cars, motorcycles and boats.  All that seemed to be more important than concentrating on my college studies, professional, and social contacts. ...................Who among us would not choose to make  more insightful decisions when we were callow youths?

A few. That's for sure. But then how could I know that the changes I made wouldn't turn out worse?

By popping back to the future OBviously  :picard facepalm:
It's the recreational time travel business model.
You offer a too cheap deal to resist and you haul them in.
They all go back with the intention to fix and they invariably royally fuck it up.
They get their free return trip and they see what they've done.
Their series of trips back to fix their ever funnelling fuck ups is charged full price.
Why isn't there a free enterprise victory fist, smiley, emoticon or whatever those little expressive things are called?
Communist conspiracy.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 12:47:11 PM by Bad Penny II »
Certainty disturbs me

Tank

• Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason

They all go back with the intention to fix and they invariably royally fuck it up.
Their series of trips back to fix their ever funnelling fuck ups is charged full price.
Why isn't there a free enterprise victory fist, smiley, emoticon or whatever those little expressive things are called?
Communist conspiracy.

What about the chap who so royally fucks up his return trips he decides to kill the great grand mother of the person who invents time travel?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

• Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
  • Idiot Symmetrician

Communist conspiracy.

What about the chap who so royally fucks up his return trips he decides to kill the great grand mother of the person who invents time travel?

Oh don't lean on me man, 'cause you can't afford the ticket.
Certainty disturbs me