News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: No one on August 09, 2017, 11:21:45 PM

I approve of that music

For more than 5 days now, I just can't get the following song out of my head.
Love the song, as well as the beautiful film "Donny Darko"

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

No one

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 22, 2017, 07:41:45 PM
Not sure if a lot of folks here like Moby, but I really, really love this live version of "The Perfect Life".

Starting with the crowd participation in the beginning, especially as Moby's guitar player leads the crowd in a practice run of the chorus, singing kind of softly, sort of "off key" as he finds his range (.22 mark); and then the song really kicks off at the (2:42 mark) as Mindy Jones beautiful and powerful voice kicks in (She finishes the song off even stronger, simply an amazing singer and talent)

I also really enjoy Moby's guitar solo around the 5:10 mark, it's a beautiful accompaniment to the song. Sure compared to other guitar players he probably not as accomplished or technically gifted, and he makes a few small mistakes in the solo, but I guess that's what I really like about it, sort of raw and inspirational, like the song itself.

Anyway I find the song uplifting, it certainly can help lift you out of doldrums or gloomy guss of life....leastways it does me 8)

This song was recorded at the same concert (Part of Moby's "Almost Home: Live At The Fonda, LA (2xDVD+2xCD)")
Damien Jurado's voice on this song is perfect, as are the backing vocals, but my favorite part in near the end of the song when Inyang Bassey sings the following alternative chorus.

As stars fell from the sky
All of them into the sea
Still I don't know if it's right
If this world is right for me

...I've often considered getting those last two lines tattooed somewhere on my body,.."Still I don't know if it's right, if this life is right for me."

Simple, but beautiful song...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Here are four German women who are brilliant musicians and they have a world class sense of humor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37uHqbWccY0&list=PLT6OFolhZxfNqaDvyYiaUKN_SpnTpam8h

Try this other one if you are in the mood for some laughs. These women are eminently capable of high class music and they do play classical stuff often and well.......between clowning around sessions. Look on you tube for the title Salut Salon We will meet again.  Too much fun.

Not many of you are old enough to remember the movie that used that song in the final scene. It was once a popular song done most famously by Vera Lynne. Clue: It was an end of the world movie. The Salut Salon women do not use the song that way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX2grJZDrmg      The movie was Dr. Strangelove

Biggus Dickus

There is nothing in the world like Miles Davis, and this "Spanish Key" from the album "Bitches Brew", is much like his previous album "In a Silent Way",...an electric surge of music, tranquility and spontaneity.

This doesn't necessarily need to be played loud, but to be enjoyed there should be no distractions when listening, no other competing sounds or motions...I recommend candles, some incense and lots of hot tea.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

I've been listening to a lot of old music lately:

:daddance: