News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: Attraction(s)

Started by Recusant, August 22, 2017, 12:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 11, 2017, 07:41:36 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 11, 2017, 05:45:11 PM
Can't get to town and can't find my archive pictures of Gloucester's "attractions". Think I stupidly did not transfer themnoff a CD which has now degraded to just a shiny plastic disc.

Know someone who transfered all his sci-fi videos to CDs via his PC, then gave the VHS tapes to a charity shop. He fid not know thst the CDs eould degrade after a few years. Last seen he was spending lots of money on high capacity archive harddrives!

What a shame. In the spirit of Marcel Duchamp you could submit a photo of the "blank" CD. I think that would make a very poignant image.

That's interesting. A blank CD is a small world of possibilities. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

xSilverPhinx

So...when are we going to see the entries? :grin:

:P

Recusant

I had been holding off, hoping for another couple of people to submit something but so far, no luck. I'll close entries in two days and will post the poll after that.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on September 20, 2017, 03:35:29 AM
I had been holding off, hoping for another couple of people to submit something but so far, no luck. I'll close entries in two days and will post the poll after that.  :)

I am surprised, because the topic has many possibilities: "... equally valid subjects would be things that people (or the photographer personally) find attractive or are attracted by, which opens it up to remote places of natural beauty, or delicious food, or whatever else..."
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on September 20, 2017, 03:35:29 AM

:grin:  :thumbsup:

Dave

Oops wrong theead!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74