News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The Closer We Get To 1/20/17, The Less Safe I Feel

Started by philosoraptor, January 15, 2017, 05:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Firebird on January 17, 2017, 08:27:10 PM
Because I don't think we're capable of having a meaningful conversation.
I am capable of it. Why aren't you?

Quote from: Firebird
Quote from: Davin on January 17, 2017, 07:09:11 PMWell, what makes you think that you have stuck a nerve? That I'm confused by your behavior? That I want to clarify whatever it is that you really want to know? That unlike what you have done to me, I have not attacked you personally? I am curious as to what you are basing your claim on. I don't mind your being wrong, but I would still like to know.
Why do you care?
I'm not sure that caring has much to do with it, it would be more accurate to say that I am curious. You know, like I already said.

Quote from: FirebirdMy opinion is meaningless to you, isn't it? :)
Your opinion might be meaningless to me, I won't know until you express it. I do however find all apologies to me to be meaningless, if that is what you're trying to refer to.

Why are you avoiding my questions? It should really just be a simple thing to answer them so that we can move on. I answered all of your questions.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Firebird

Quote from: Davin on January 17, 2017, 09:29:00 PM
:rofl:

Since I'm such a nice guy, despite my "inability to have a meaningful conversation", I'll help you out:

Quote from: DavinWhat do your inaccurate seemings and apparently not all encompassing memory have to do with what we're talking about?

See, normally when someone says something that obnoxious, it's assumed that the other person touched a nerve. Also, that actually is a personal attack against me, contrary to your claim that you've done no such thing. I really don't care, I'm just pointing that out because you apparently don't realize that and I thought it was only fair to let you know. And maybe I didn't touch a nerve and you just talk that way in general. I'd consider that a problem if you were a friend, family member, child, etc, but hey, to each their own. If it works for you, then good for you.
There, your question is answered. And I'm done responding to this silly, off-topic thread.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Firebird is done responding...

Tomorrow, round 2:

Gentlemen? Yes? No?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

^^^^^^ Is this HAF family pissing contest in any way related to the latest news about the golden shower?

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on January 18, 2017, 01:49:43 AM
^^^^^^ Is this HAF family pissing contest in any way related to the latest news about the golden shower?

What is the latest news on that?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Quote from: Firebird on January 17, 2017, 10:31:38 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 17, 2017, 09:29:00 PM
:rofl:

Since I'm such a nice guy, despite my "inability to have a meaningful conversation", I'll help you out:

Quote from: DavinWhat do your inaccurate seemings and apparently not all encompassing memory have to do with what we're talking about?

See, normally when someone says something that obnoxious, it's assumed that the other person touched a nerve.
You say it's obnoxious, I don't find it any more obnoxious than what you said. I'd put both our statements under just statements, I wouldn't categorize them as obnoxious,but it's fine if you do.

What I know, is that what you said seemed to you is wrong, and you would see that it was wrong if you listened then to what I actually said.

My suspicions, are that you do not know how I voted and wanted to try to poke at what you think might have been a sore spot. I think that you think that I voted for a third party and that I must now feel sorry about it now that Trump is president and I am obviously anti-Trump. I don't fault you for not knowing everything, I sure as shit do not know everything, but I already said  that I wouldn't be voting for a third party. So what kind of nerve do you think that you have struck? Do you think I regret voting for Hillary? Do you think I want to change my vote to someone else? I assure you that I thought my votes through very thoroughly.

Quote from: FirebirdAlso, that actually is a personal attack against me, contrary to your claim that you've done no such thing. I really don't care, I'm just pointing that out because you apparently don't realize that and I thought it was only fair to let you know.
That is not an attack on you personally. I responded directly to what you said. You claimed that things seemed a certain way to you, a way that is demonstrably false (if you take a look at what I wrote). I was directly addressing your statement, not you personally. You are not your statements. And no one's memory is all encompassing, I was just trying to let you know that what you remember, isn't the whole picture. Again, I was directly addressing your statement, you mentioned what you remember, and I directly addressed that statement. Now compare that to what you said. Statements do not have nerves, which means that you directly addressed me, and not what I said.

Quote from: FirebirdAnd maybe I didn't touch a nerve and you just talk that way in general. I'd consider that a problem if you were a friend, family member, child, etc, but hey, to each their own. If it works for you, then good for you.
I tend to talk to people similar to how they talk to me. It amazes me that there are people who talk to other people in ways that they personally do not like to be talked to. But I feel that if they talk to other people in a certain way, then they have no rational reason not be fine when treated the same way.

Quote from: FirebirdThere, your question is answered. And I'm done responding to this silly, off-topic thread.
That didn't answer my question, read the question again. I mean, it's great that you seemed to have attempted to answer one of my many questions, but it doesn't really matter if you don't actually answer it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

It looks as if Firebird is actually done responding...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on January 18, 2017, 04:56:26 PM

It looks as if Firebird is actually done responding...
He probably won't. I don't think he was really interested in a discussion since he barely addressed what I said and rarely responded to my questions.

Magdalena

I don't know, Davin...
Firebird is very persistent.
Maybe he's just busy, right now.  :notsure:
Let's give him a few more seconds... :grin:

Magdalena

OK. Unfortunately, time's up.  :(

If Firebird comes back, according to the HAF/FIGHT Continuation Rule 114XYZ - It will go to, Sudden Death!

Tank

Enough.

This thread was started by Philosorptor to discuss a subject very dear to her. Let's keep on topic please.

Thank you.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo missed something.  :(

...Did He miss something? He did, didn't He?  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on January 18, 2017, 08:16:47 PM
The Asmo missed something.  :(

...Did He miss something? He did, didn't He?  :(

Not yet, but it was heading that way.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Tank