News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

The Ridgeline? Now there's a winner of a vehicle.

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2017, 11:15:33 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on September 13, 2017, 04:31:54 PM
My doctor sent me to a hospital this afternoon. Reason for this is that my blood sugar values are ver bad. Hopefully the values get better in the next couple of days.

I hope you feel better soon Tom. :(

Thanks! As a matter of fact, I feel great. I only slept bad last night, because the guy, I'm sharing the room with, snores like hell. The nurse gave me earplugs, so I should sleep better this evening.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

Quote from: jumbojak on September 14, 2017, 03:03:07 AM
Bad as in high or bad as in low Tom?

Also, Bruno... Find something not made by GM... Can I interest you in the new Honda Ridgeline?

Bad as in high. My longtime blood glucose level was 2 times above the normal range.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on September 14, 2017, 09:14:24 AM
My doctor sent me to a hospital this afternoon. Reason for this is that my blood sugar values are ver bad. Hopefully the values get better in the next couple of days.

Thanks! As a matter of fact, I feel great. I only slept bad last night, because the guy, I'm sharing the room with, snores like hell. The nurse gave me earplugs, so I should sleep better this evening.
There are always ear plugs, industrial strength, in my hospital bag!

It is acknowledged that sleep is an important part of healing, so why are hospitals (particularly in cardiac wards with their constantly bleeoing monitors) so bloody noisy!  :grrr: I have had to complain about junior doctors wearing hard heeled shoes, on stone floors, on night duty etc.

When I suffered from pauses in my pulse, up to 10 seconds every couple of minutes, the monitor would bleep loudly. Since it was expected the nurses took absolutely no notice of it - but it kept me and half the bay awake most of the night.

With digital technology there is no need for monitors with audible alarms at the bedside, other than for flat lining. I am waiting for some one to make a bolt-on goodie that sends the alarm to a phone-like unit the nurse carries, informing her/him of the bed location and the alarm type and urgency. They already send all data, inc alarms, to a computer workstation for nurse station monitoring. But the station is not always manned.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Quote from: Tom62 on September 14, 2017, 09:14:24 AM

Hope they manage to get things under control soon.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Biggus Dickus

Also, Bruno... Find something not made by GM... Can I interest you in the new Honda Ridgeline?

You could certainly interest me, the car I was renting for the week was a Nissan Versa and I really liked it, small and compact, but with a roomy interior, plus it very responsive, quick acceleration and got good gas mileage. I wanted to keep it.
However, my main customer is GM, and they don't appreciate you pulling up to their technical center in anything but a GM vehicle. You could get away with a Ford or Chrysler maybe, but they wouldn't let me in the parking lot with a Honda or Nissan.

Chevy's not bad, parts are cheap if needed, and quick and easy to find, especially used.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2017, 11:20:18 PM
A very minor problem compared to some here. I have to fill out some paperwork and am trying to motivate myself to get started.  :nu-uh:

Edited to add update: I've started by downloading the papers, now I'm taking an extended break. :grin: :sidesmile:

Post-break edit: I've started filling out the form, now it's time for another break.  :P

This is simply horrible xSP, not sure how you are dealing with this? In fact if you want, PM me and I'll give you my number, you can call collect and we can talk you through this...difficult and trying problem. 8)

Quote from: Tom62 on September 14, 2017, 09:28:07 AM

Bad as in high. My longtime blood glucose level was 2 times above the normal range.

Listen to your doctors Tom!...not saying you won't, but I've been around enough folks in the hospital, especially men who seem to thing they know better.

Anyway wishing for a speedy recovery.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 14, 2017, 06:51:41 PM
A very minor problem compared to some here. I have to fill out some paperwork and am trying to motivate myself to get started.  :nu-uh:

Edited to add update: I've started by downloading the papers, now I'm taking an extended break. :grin: :sidesmile:

Post-break edit: I've started filling out the form, now it's time for another break.  :P

This is simply horrible xSP, not sure how you are dealing with this? In fact if you want, PM me and I'll give you my number, you can call collect and we can talk you through this...difficult and trying problem. 8)

Yes, it can be quite debilitating.  :sad sigh: 

And how many Hail monkeys would I have to say over the phone in order for this...this...sickness to subside? Would I have to fidget with one of those atrocious looking bead necklaces as I pray them? 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 14, 2017, 08:30:00 PM

And how many Hail monkeys would I have to say over the phone in order for this...this...sickness to subside? Would I have to fidget with one of those atrocious looking bead necklaces as I pray them?

Naw, just get another bottle of wine.

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on September 14, 2017, 09:28:07 AM

I hope everything goes well.

When I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2005 my Hba1c (long term glucose level) was 25, normal is 4 +- 1! My thyroid had pretty much given up functioning too. Well sorting out the glucose got my thyroid back on track and I've just started using insulin 12 years after I was first diagnosed and it's bloody marvellous! 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 14, 2017, 08:33:33 PM

Naw, just get another bottle of wine.

Sounds good!  :cheers:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

It is taking every single fiber of my being to not start fights with Pro-Trump Republicans on my Facebook.

This morning one posted a GIF or video (I didn't actually click on it, I was on my phone) with the text of "If a statue can control your emotions to the point where you think it must be removed, I'd hate to see what real problems to do to you", and then it had text below saying "Share if you're sick of offended liberals"

... I say, it took everything to keep from pointing out the hypocrisy here. Not only am I certain that this individual would be completely "offended" by even the idea of Satanic statues (and would most definitely be very vocal about how one that gets put up should be removed), I could probably even go back in their feed and find an instance of them demonstrating just that.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dave

So, would they have felt the same way about those of central Europe who demolished or moved all the Soviet statuary? After all, that was also part of their history.

PS, was it not the case, in Lee's time, that the Republicans were actually anti-slavery and the Democrats pro-?

Harmonie

Quote from: Dave on September 16, 2017, 08:25:47 PM
So, would they have felt the same way about those of central Europe who demolished or moved all the Soviet statuary? After all, that was also part of their history.

Another even clearer example would be statues related to Hitler and his reign. And they can't laugh at you for bringing up Hitler because the GIF (or whatever) did not specify any kinds of statues, it said if any statue at all bothers you and you want it to be removed than you have a problem and are just an "offended" liberal.

However, the Satanism statues came to mind immediately because that has been an issue in my state and area.

QuotePS, was it not the case, in Lee's time, that the Republicans were actually anti-slavery and the Democrats pro-?

Yes, but... Oh I'll just link to an article by one of my top favorite bloggers if you're interested in an explanation of what happened. Here.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Biggus Dickus

No nothing like that, probably we could just Skype and show our asses to each other like good monkeys do! ;) ;)

Quote from: Harmonie on September 16, 2017, 07:58:56 PM
It is taking every single fiber of my being to not start fights with Pro-Trump Republicans on my Facebook.

This morning one posted a GIF or video (I didn't actually click on it, I was on my phone) with the text of "If a statue can control your emotions to the point where you think it must be removed, I'd hate to see what real problems to do to you", and then it had text below saying "Share if you're sick of offended liberals"

... I say, it took everything to keep from pointing out the hypocrisy here. Not only am I certain that this individual would be completely "offended" by even the idea of Satanic statues (and would most definitely be very vocal about how one that gets put up should be removed), I could probably even go back in their feed and find an instance of them demonstrating just that.

The one thing I admire (Sic) about conservatives, especially the neo-ultra right, christian, fuck-wad types is the level of hypocrisy they can attain with their ridiculous arguments.

To suggest we are "snowflakes" for demanding the removal of a statue(s) which idolize racists, murderers and traitors. Idols which demoralize a huge segment of our population while they on the other hand get bent out of shape because a Starbucks coffee cup doesn't say Merry Christmas clearly demonstrates that they care only for the things that impact their lives and have absolutely zero empathy for the suffering of others.

(Christmas is just around the corner, so wait for the renewed "War on Christmas Campaign" to be reignited to a whole new level of ridiculousness with Trump supporters feeling more emboldened than they have in previous years.

I can hardly wait...   ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

@ Harmonie

Er, when my head has stopped spinning maybe I will read it again . . . And maybe understand ehat happened!