News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

So an update on my car. Insurance company decided to total the vehicle as the damages were estimated at $4,700. So I've spent the last week looking for a new car, finally found one a decent one, 2014 Chevy Cruz (No relation to Ted Cruz) with only 30,000 miles on it. It's in excellent condition, engine is spotless, and it looks brand new.

Bad news is I was using a rental car the past week or so and the day before I turned it in someone backed into while it was parked in the street and damaged the rear quarter panel. So now I have to deal with this second claim, and all the accompanying bullshit that goes along with it.

Part that burns me is it must have been one of my neighbors who hit it,  as they are still in the process of repaving our street so the road is closed. Only those of us who reside there can currently drive or park there, which means a neighbor backed into my car and didn't have the decency to leave a note on the window...probably the same christian who stole my ferns.

I also found out that a neighbor of ours who lives down the street also had two hanging ferns stolen from their front porch recently just like we did, so we have someone going through the neighborhood stealing fucking potted plants. WTF?

I'm not really grumpy, more annoyed and dismayed I think. Plus, when I spoke to the insurance company about my settlement I asked them to send the check for my car to their local office because my neighborhood is under construction at the moment and so not accessible to delivery trucks, and so I would simply pick the check up from them once they received it.

So of course they sent the check to my home, and UPS has spent the last three days trying to deliver it, but since they can't get to my house they keep rescheduling delivery. This was an overnight package that was sent last Thursday and I still don't have it.
Now I have to drive down to Detroit tomorrow and pick it up. Once I got the check I was supposed to send the insurance company back the title of the car, and spare keys, but I'm going to tell my agent to come to my house and pick them up.

See how long that takes him... 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

My doctor sent me to a hospital this afternoon. Reason for this is that my blood sugar values are ver bad. Hopefully the values get better in the next couple of days.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on September 13, 2017, 04:31:54 PM
My doctor sent me to a hospital this afternoon. Reason for this is that my blood sugar values are ver bad. Hopefully the values get better in the next couple of days.

Oops, hope this gets fixed.

Take care Tom
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

:console:
I hope you feel better soon, Tom62.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

People!

Have I ever mentioned that I hate them?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on September 13, 2017, 06:17:06 PM
People!

Have I ever mentioned that I hate them?

No, never! What the hell happened?  8)

Tom62

Quote from: Dave on September 13, 2017, 04:38:15 PM

Oops, hope this gets fixed.

Take care Tom

Thanks Dave! I suspect that the doctors here are vampires, they love to extract blood from my fingers and hand ;). My stay in the hospital should be rather short. I'm probably back home before Sunday.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Didn't see this earlier Tom, hope you can resolve this soon without much fuss...take care.

Tom62

Thanks for the moral support! I'm highly motivated to resolve it, but I expect that it can only be done with some major lifestyle changes, like doing more sport and eating healthier food.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on September 13, 2017, 08:46:55 PM
Thanks for the moral support! I'm highly motivated to resolve it, but I expect that it can only be done with some major lifestyle changes, like doing more sport and eating healthier food.
Definitely the food bit!

I am borderline diabetic, diet controlled, but will admit to not bring terribly disciplined. But I am trying to lose a little weight so sweet stuff is mostly out - apart from fruit.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I hope you feel better soon Tom. :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

A very minor problem compared to some here. I have to fill out some paperwork and am trying to motivate myself to get started.  :nu-uh:

Edited to add update: I've started by downloading the papers, now I'm taking an extended break. :grin: :sidesmile:

Post-break edit: I've started filling out the form, now it's time for another break.  :P

xSilverPhinx

There are some odd questions in this form, like  "Activities to be performed during internship (complete and detailed)".

Like I don't have a freaking crystal ball! I don't know enough on what I'll be doing to give a complete and detailed answer! I talked to the supervisor over there about it and she said that I'll basically be there to assist others with their experiments and learn something new here and there. What exactly those experiments are I don't know yet, depends on whether people want me to help them or not.   

:tapemouth:

Filling out forms is an art form I am not accustomed to.  ::)

jumbojak

Bad as in high or bad as in low Tom?

Also, Bruno... Find something not made by GM... Can I interest you in the new Honda Ridgeline?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz