News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Tanker, December 22, 2007, 07:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanker

[color=#] [/color]Just joind today, but I've been out of the closet for awhile I thought It might be fun to have a conversation with someone without having to defend my beliefs (or lack thereof).
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Promethium147

Dude, I just signed on, and saw you did, too.

I have been in worse than foxholes, believe you me. But here is a little initial military experience you may find amusing...

In Navy bootcamp, there was an initial session in the barracks where the company commander went from man to man, and grilled them on their religion - and generally, ripped 'em a new one.

He got to me, got in my face, and asked my faith. I was the first, and last, to remark - "I'm an Atheist, sir!"

Rather than grill me, he smiled, winked, and said - "Good for you - so am I." He then pummeled the next guy for several minutes.

I loved him thereafter, and was vastly rewarded in it - a Damn Fine Man he was, Mr. D. Runyon.

Tricky_Niki

Welcome to the boards
It is so very nice to have a place to chat with others who chose to not believe.
Freethought and Toasters have never killed anyone.
Everything you need to know about life can be learned from Toasters.

Whitney

Tanker, welcome to the forum.  If you are from the DFW area checkout the meetups section of this forum for links to meetup groups we have started.

ryanvc76

Welcome to the forum!  Army?  Did 12 active myself - got out last year and am an Army Civilian now...
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, Tanker.  :)

McQ

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

SteveS

Hi Tanker - welcome aboard!

BleedingOrchid

WELCOME TANKER! Did you choose to be a tanker or were you born that way? LOL Sorry, a little atheist humor there...

Or maybe it's just me!
Here we are
Upon your stage
The love we share
The dreams we'll save
They're bleeding the orchid...~Smashing Pumpkins