News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Discussion of Anarcho-Capitalism.

Started by ThinkAnarchy, March 26, 2012, 07:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Amicale on April 12, 2012, 03:03:59 AM
Also, if I may politely request this: I really enjoy reading posts in these threads. But if there would be any way for folks in general to break their posts up a little, or maybe limit a post to a few really key thoughts... that would be awesome. I know it's an issue of mine and nobody else's problem, but being faced with a solid wall of text to read can be really daunting. I also know sometimes, I tend to drag on way too long too, so I'll also work on limiting myself. Hope that request is fair enough to make.

No you may not.  :) But out of curiosity does my breaking it up into quotes help your eyes? I'm just curious if it's a issue with only a solid wall or a lot of text in general. Personally, I'm "long fingered..." would that be the correct term for long winded on forum? I doubt that will ever change. The quotes break the points up for my eyes nicely though. I'm asking out curiosity.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Amicale

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 12, 2012, 07:02:21 AM
Quote from: Amicale on April 12, 2012, 03:03:59 AM
Also, if I may politely request this: I really enjoy reading posts in these threads. But if there would be any way for folks in general to break their posts up a little, or maybe limit a post to a few really key thoughts... that would be awesome. I know it's an issue of mine and nobody else's problem, but being faced with a solid wall of text to read can be really daunting. I also know sometimes, I tend to drag on way too long too, so I'll also work on limiting myself. Hope that request is fair enough to make.

No you may not.  :) But out of curiosity does my breaking it up into quotes help your eyes? I'm just curious if it's a issue with only a solid wall or a lot of text in general. Personally, I'm "long fingered..." would that be the correct term for long winded on forum? I doubt that will ever change. The quotes break the points up for my eyes nicely though. I'm asking out curiosity.

:) Quotes tend to make it a LOT more readable for me, personally. Maybe it's the slight colour change, or that it's in segments, or both. I tend not to lose track that way. I never used to have an issue with this until I started on meds that give me an attention span/lack of focus my 4 year old beats.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

*puts on technical writer hat* Large chunks of texts are harder for pretty much everyone to read. When your brain sees that much text without any defining breaks, it goes "uh-oh, that's a lot of work" and it doesn't want to tackle it. Whereas, if it's in smaller chunks, has sub-headings or more whitespace, it seems more manageable, even if it contains the same amount of information. *takes off technical writer hat*
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 12, 2012, 02:15:42 PM
*puts on technical writer hat* Large chunks of texts are harder for pretty much everyone to read. When your brain sees that much text without any defining breaks, it goes "uh-oh, that's a lot of work" and it doesn't want to tackle it. Whereas, if it's in smaller chunks, has sub-headings or more whitespace, it seems more manageable, even if it contains the same amount of information. *takes off technical writer hat*

:D I love your technical writer hat. It becomes you the way Pudding's hats become him.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on April 12, 2012, 02:19:32 PM

:D I love your technical writer hat. It becomes you the way Pudding's hats become him.
And this is a compliment? :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on April 12, 2012, 05:45:07 PM

Yes! Pudding's hats are an essential, quirky, awesome part of his persona here on HAF. I enjoy them very much.  ;D

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on April 12, 2012, 05:45:07 PM

Quote from: Amicale on April 12, 2012, 06:32:51 PM

Yes! Pudding's hats are an essential, quirky, awesome part of his persona here on HAF. I enjoy them very much.  ;D

Nasty Tank person.
I stand and face West North West, place my thumb on my nose, wiggle my fingers and chant ner ner ner ner nerrrrr.
Turn, face East South East and repeat.

The weather is cooling, it will be soon time for a change.
I'm not doing it here though, not with those shifty Anarcho Capitalists lurking about.

That hats becoming me thing, I wonder if that explains my lacking recollection of things people say I did?