News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Art? Poetry?

Started by 0dan1, December 03, 2007, 11:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Oh, and one of my latest art photos for your viewing pleasure. I'm unable to post it at full size, due to constraints within this board.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

joeactor:  Wow, what a voice!  

McQ:  Nice pic!  Even dead trees are cool to look at.

joeactor

Thanks for the kudos MommaSquid and McQ.

Very nice photo - amazing how it evokes several emotions at once...

If you're ever out this way, it's improv on the house!
For now, here's a little bit from a movie I did (*** mild warning for language and inuendo ***:[youtube:11bb2qa0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1fUMypWpBU[/youtube:11bb2qa0]
(I'm the voices for Holmes and Watson)

There's even a bit of olde improv stuff on my channel, if you're so inclined...

Poetry, Painting, and Photography - amazing stuff all 'round.

Someday I hope to start sculpting,
JoeActor

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"joeactor:  Wow, what a voice!  

McQ:  Nice pic!  Even dead trees are cool to look at.

Thanks, Momma. And I told you he was good! I've listened to Joe's voice over work before. Very impressive.

And Joe, that clip is very funny. When will Watson get a clue?  :D
--Penn Jillette

MariaEvri

I'm n to photography a lot, also I love drawing comics and reading books
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

MariaEvri

Quote from: "McQ"Oh, and one of my latest art photos for your viewing pleasure. I'm unable to post it at full size, due to constraints within this board.

I really love that photo of yours
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

Quote from: "MariaEvri"
Quote from: "McQ"Oh, and one of my latest art photos for your viewing pleasure. I'm unable to post it at full size, due to constraints within this board.

Thanks, Maria! I like it, especially since I just stumbled on the tree while out looking for other subjects to photograph. Sometimes you just get lucky.  lol
--Penn Jillette

MariaEvri

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "MariaEvri"

Thanks, Maria! I like it, especially since I just stumbled on the tree while out looking for other subjects to photograph. Sometimes you just get lucky.  lol

I agree. My best photographs are always the ones that I stumble upon
www.poseidonsimons.com

afreethinker30

Very striking photo.I hope some day to have an eye for scenes like yourself.

McQ

Quote from: "afreethinker30"

Very striking photo.I hope some day to have an eye for scenes like yourself.

Thanks! Sometimes you get lucky. There's so much to see when we just slow down a bit and relax. You see things you've missed a hundred times before in the same spot. Sometimes you just don't "look" for anything. You kind of just let whatever is there hit your eyes like it's brand new.
--Penn Jillette

curiosityandthecat

This almost looks infrared. Nicely done.

Here's one of my black and whites:

Taken at Ohio University's International Festival on Court Street. He was dancing around to some Celtic music.
-Curio

McQ

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"

This almost looks infrared. Nicely done.

Here's one of my black and whites:

Taken at Ohio University's International Festival on Court Street. He was dancing around to some Celtic music.

Now THAT'S a cool picture! Nice capture. BTW, I used to go to Athens occasionally for work back almost 20 years ago. Kind of a boring area then. I don't know how much it's changed since then, but I hope they have some culture and things to do now!
--Penn Jillette

Dickson

What fantastic pictures!
"If there is a God,
I know he likes to rock"
--Billy Corgan

Kylyssa

You can read my entry in the Obama-McCain Political Haiku Contest here.