News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Smilies, bring me smilies or else I'll frown at you some more.

Started by The Magic Pudding, December 08, 2011, 02:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean Prime

Yes, didn't get to it on Sunday. Well, I did, but my cross-DB script was slightly buggy. Them posts will show up, at least the vast majority of them.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

When I try to add emoticons from the 'more' list, I get a white screen with the words 'about blank' at the top.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 07, 2016, 11:37:55 PM
When I try to add emoticons from the 'more' list, I get a white screen with the words 'about blank' at the top.
Which browser are you using?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Essie Mae

Quote from: Tank on November 08, 2016, 06:54:43 AM
Mozilla mostly and sometimes Safari

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 08, 2016, 09:13:12 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 08, 2016, 06:54:43 AM
Mozilla mostly and sometimes Safari
Firefox?

Essie Mae

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 08, 2016, 09:02:52 PM
Yes, Firefox
Hmmmm. I use Firefox and it's not a problem. Do you get the same issue with Safari?

Recusant

It sounds as if, on clicking the [more] link to bring up the pop-up with the custom smileys, you're getting a blank pop-up. Is that what you're describing? If so, and you have some add-ons for your Firefox, it may be one of them giving you trouble.

Try starting Firefox with add-ons disabled and see what happens in HAF without add-ons. Here's a guide to that procedure. If the pop-up works in Firefox without add-ons, you can follow the directions on that page to troubleshoot the problem, or come back here for further help. To exit the add-on free Firefox, just close it, and when you restart Firefox, the add-ons will be working again. Generally, you'll want to avoid completely resetting Firefox if at all possible.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Essie Mae

Essie Mae

:fixed:  though entered thr Google instead. Apologies for derailing thread.

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 12, 2016, 12:34:17 AM
:fixed:  though entered thr Google instead. Apologies for derailing thread.
Not a derail. If you can't see the smilies then it's perfectly on-topic to post here as other people could have the same problem.