News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Strange Physics with Diamonds

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 07, 2011, 10:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pharaoh Cat

I find myself wondering if entanglement might be evidence of hyperspace.  Perhaps the entangled entities are communicating across a different plane entirely, circumventing our normal space and time.
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Siz

Fascinating!

I both understand, and am completely baffled at the same time... Am I, then, subject to quantum entanglement? Cool!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Jose AR

I have never understood something less than this. I like to pretend that I understand some of the odd astrophysics or quantum mechanics things I read in the paper, but this ...

It gives me a glimpse into the mind of a religious person who believes that a being just made everything, cause, for a second, I think, c'mon these scientists are just making this stuff up!

Einstein and others thought this stuff up in the 30's! Entanglement is real (whatever that even means anymore) but my little grocery shopping driving to work brain cannot even pretend to guess at the mechanism. It doesn't work unless it is measured? Will this lead to warp drive, time travel, and matter transport?