News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Any folks in Ottawa?

Started by DeterminedJuliet, September 19, 2011, 01:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

I moved here the beginning of Ottawa and am without friends or close family. Are there any HAs about who might want to get together?
I'm fun. I can bake cookies!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

I know you're still around the forums, so I figured I'd reply. :)

I'm in Ottawa from time to time (either Nepean or downtown mostly, but hey, I know how to use OC Transpo just fine so it's no prob!)

Next time I'm heading that way, if you still feel like hanging out with someone from HAF, I'll send you a message if you'd like, and we'll see if it'd work out? :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Hey cool! Please do  ;D We'll go to Tim Horton's, it'll be so Canadian

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 25, 2012, 10:38:58 PM

Awesome, sounds fantastic!

Except, why, oh why, did they have to change their cup sizes....  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on January 25, 2012, 11:04:35 PM

I know! Do we really need 5 sizes of beverages?

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 26, 2012, 01:06:10 AM

I know! Do we really need 5 sizes of beverages?

Exactly! Their newest 'XL' size or whatever it is, it's insane! The cup's taller than my head!  :o

Tank

Was I the only male that though of bra's when cup sizes were mentioned?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2012, 08:33:18 AM

Probably.

We might have to arrange more aversion therapy for you.  ;)

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2012, 08:33:18 AM

Hahahaha!