News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Attended my first interfaith panel discussion

Started by MinnesotaMike, September 15, 2011, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnesotaMike

Went as you would expect... the Christian didn't know enough about her own religion to contribute, the Islam representative was well versed in religion but not science or the real world, the Pagan took Norse mythology as seriously as he took his airsoft gun league, and the atheist representative (and atheist audience members) were laughing and having a grand ol' time. It was less an interfaith discussion and more of "this is what our book says, so this is true."  ::)

Sorry there isn't much that's interesting to report on, except apparently Muslims still think Sharia Law is worth supporting. Yes, this guy was pro-stoning and okay with cutting hands off. He was also indulged in some antisemitism that almost got him removed...

Hopefully these discussions get better. Also, I'm trying to get the group started on a fund raiser to have a big field trip to DC for the Reason Rally in March.
Absence of knowledge is not reason for faith.

I'm infallible (if I'm not mistaken)

Tank

Give it a few more meetings and it'll end in bloodshed with the athists betting on the outcome :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on September 15, 2011, 10:04:21 PM
Give it a few more meetings and it'll end in bloodshed with the athists betting on the outcome :D
Ooh! Ooh!

I want to bet two internets on the muslim.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

I want a tenner on the pagan, he'll whip out Mjolnir and smite the Muslim and Christian as if they were the Midgard serpent!