News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Stephen Hawking, Curiosity, Is there a God?

Started by Jabbles, August 08, 2011, 02:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabbles

I just finished watching this a few minutes ago, was anyone else watching it?
The answer according to Stephen Hawking, there is no God.
I think most people knew he was an atheist but i like how he said it.

Edit:This was on the Discovery channel

Tank

Quote from: Jabbles on August 08, 2011, 02:04:40 AM
I just finished watching this a few minutes ago, was anyone else watching it?
The answer according to Stephen Hawking, there is no God.
I think most people knew he was an atheist but i like how he said it.

Edit:This was on the Discovery channel
I haven't seen this but I'll have a look. SH has vacilated on his position on the existance of God and currently is of the opinion that God does not exist.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

fester30

I saw bits and pieces of it while helping the wife with spring cleaning.  Some of it was interesting.  It did seem that the host was making quite an effort to make it seem like each viewpoint had equal weight in scientific argument.  Again, that's what I caught in only bits and pieces.  I do remember it being on a handful of channels, including discover, national geographic, TLC, etc.

Sweetdeath

Have not seen this, but it sounds super intetesting.  I will most likely catch it online.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.