News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Can religious teachings prove evolution to be true?

Started by Tank, July 06, 2011, 10:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Can religious teachings prove evolution to be true?

QuoteIt is one of the great questions of the past 150 years.

Did God or evolution drive the emergence of life in all its resplendent variety?

This blog, the US education system, and even American politics have to a degree all become dominated by the debate at various times, which goes to the heart of our world view and our ideas of where we, and all other forms of life, came from.

But I've just come across an intriguing piece of research that may, to coin a phrase, put an evolutionary cat among the believing flock of creation scientists, many of whom believe in the literal account of Genesis.

One scientist has decided to use creation science to test the validity of evolution...

Dr Senter has used the 'methodology' of 'creation science' (what a wonderful oxymoron) to prove evolution happened.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

LOL!

I love it, use their own "science" against them!I've never seen anything refute itself like that before...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey