Author Topic: Atheist MatchMaker Sites?  (Read 1184 times)

Tom62

• Global Moderator
  • Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
(No Subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 12:04:14 AM »
Quote from: "SabineMaia"
I think I understood maybe three words of the last five posts.

Same for me. It sounds more like a techie discussion about network- or file transfer protocols  :wink: .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Tom62 »
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

rlrose328

• Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
    • http://www.atheismquotes.com
(No Subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 08:23:38 AM »
Quote from: "Tom62"
Quote from: "SabineMaia"
I think I understood maybe three words of the last five posts.

Same for me. It sounds more like a techie discussion about network- or file transfer protocols  :wink: .

LOL!  Not really... there was once an online game playing site (the precursor to Pogo) where you could dial into a Sprint number and play chess, bridge, cribbage, and many more games with people across the country.  This was early 90s.

It was on that network (pre-Web) that I met my husband.  I was a Sysop (online host) and Mikey was also a member, though we've established we didn't know each other on the system.

That's all.  Yes, it's geek-speak.  And I'm proud of it.  :lol:

It fits the thread kinda because there were MANY people who met on the network and ended up together.  I miss it sometimes.   :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by rlrose328 »
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

afreethinker30

• Not Afraid of the Exorcist
Re: Atheist MatchMaker Sites?
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 09:56:03 PM »
You could try MatchDoctor.com .It isn't an atheist dating site but you can search with a filter for religions.And it's free.

PittsburghBrandon

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »
The Freethought groups we have in Pittsburgh aren't really a great place to meet perspective dates.  (At least if you're looking to meet girls like I am. )

For the most part the meetings are made up of predominantly made up of men and couples.  I think single girls tend to shy away from these types of meetings unless they have someone to go with.  Often when a girl comes for the first time she’ll bring a friend or spouse just so she doesn’t feel awkward.  Later she’ll loose the friend once she gets a feeling for what the groups really about.

Whitney

• Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • Mysteriously Absent - Like God
    • http://fellowshipoffreethought.org
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »
bumping topic so it's in the list above moved topics.