News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Atheist MatchMaker Sites?

Started by tigerlily46514, September 26, 2007, 08:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerlily46514

I HAVE A FRIEND-no for real, i'm hooked up!  who uses internet matchmaking sites, which i think is great, cuz it helps if the dude actually WANTS a relationship...Anyway, she is my penpal, and i was telling her to go to some ATHEISTmatch making sites, and i googled some and sent them to her.

She said there was hardly anyone on them.  So anyway, does anyone out there know of any REALLY ACTIVE atheist match making sites, with actual people signed up?

I told her i'd ask my atheist blog community.
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

rlrose328

Ya know, I've looked around for that also... and I've yet to find one that is active.  The Infidel Guy has one, I think the link is on his main site... that's the most active one I know of.

If you find one, let us know... :)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

SteveS

Sorry - I don't know of any  :?

Whitney

http://www.secularsingles.com/

The link above is a freethought matchmaking site which does a lot of online advertising...I have never used it but would guess it is likely to have the most members since it's the only freethought matchmaking site I've ever heard of.

Keep in mind...just because the site is for matchmaking doesn't mean there won't be people on there who just want a fun night with no strings attached.

MommaSquid

Don't the regular matchmaking sites have questionnaires in which your friend  could answer that religion isn't something she values?  (Freakin' eharmony commercials!)

I would think meeting someone in person would be preferrable to looking for dates online.  But then again, I've been married for more than half of my life.  What do I know about dating?

Whitney

Quote from: "MommaSquid"I would think meeting someone in person would be preferrable to looking for dates online.

I have met a few guys I met online for dates (not all at the same time :) )
Most of them were weird but some of them were okay (just like real life).  Maybe your friend should try a local freethought meetup group instead...meeting people from online is like being set up on a blind date even if you pm for a while first.

Tom62

My wife like to keep it a secret for our family, friends and aquintances that we met each other in 1998 online on one of the first dating sites for singles (www.singlesonline.com). If you are a member of that site you can search their database for agnosts and atheists.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Whitney

Technically I met my husband online...I sent him a pm on yahoo asking if he knew a guy that was my friend's bf's roomate who was in philosophy (he had philsophy on his profile)...I was asking him about himself.   I hadn't met him before that night, just heard about him.

tigerlily46514

Cool enuff, Laetus!!  Love your story, Tom62.
Thanks for all this info!  I'll send it on!!
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

rlrose328

I didn't meet my hubby ona  singles site, but we met 15 years ago on a proprietary gaming network called "The Sierra Network" (later The Imagination Network)... you had to install software and dial into a local Sprint number to access it... it wasn't on the "web."  The WWW wasn't even anywhere NEAR what it is now... it was still the university system internet and no one knew what a website was.

I was a Sysop on TSN.  We courted online and on the phone for 3 months then he took a bus from Cleveland, OH, to Fresno, CA, to see me.  I proposed the next day.  The rest, as they say, is history.  :)
**Kerri**

MikeyV

Quote from: "rlrose328"I didn't meet my hubby ona  singles site, but we met 15 years ago on a proprietary gaming network called "The Sierra Network" (later The Imagination Network)... you had to install software and dial into a local Sprint number to access it... it wasn't on the "web."  The WWW wasn't even anywhere NEAR what it is now... it was still the university system internet and no one knew what a website was.

I was a Sysop on TSN.  We courted online and on the phone for 3 months then he took a bus from Cleveland, OH, to Fresno, CA, to see me.  I proposed the next day.  The rest, as they say, is history.  :)

Wow...talk about blast from the past. I was stationed in San Francisco about 15 years ago and was on TSN quite a bit, along with about a hundred other BBS's in the Bay Area.
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

rlrose328

Quote from: "MikeyV"Wow...talk about blast from the past. I was stationed in San Francisco about 15 years ago and was on TSN quite a bit, along with about a hundred other BBS's in the Bay Area.

Nuh uh... really?  I went to several picnics and TSN gatherings in the Bay Area... I was TSNRoxy / INNPaige / StarGazer... any of those ring a bell?  How very strange!   :shock:
**Kerri**

MikeyV

INNPaige sounds familiar. Memories kinda fuzzy...it was 15 years ago after all :)

My primary haunt was Baylink BBS. Vermin was my nick.
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

rlrose328

Yeah, I know... 15 years.  Seems like 50 to me.  ;)

I was fairly wellknown on TSN/INN as StarGazer, especially around the bay area.  I knew a lot of people around there.  I don't remember a Vermin, either.  Ah well... we must have just missed each other.  :-)
**Kerri**

SabineMaia

I think I understood maybe three words of the last five posts.

I don't know of any particularly active atheist dating sites. There are fair amount out there, but none seem to have more members than any of the others. I'll have to check out the one  laetus posted.