News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Going to my first atheist meet up tomorrow..

Started by missedtheboat, June 06, 2011, 03:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missedtheboat

So I went! I loved it! It was mostly older people, but I didnt mind. There were 2 other people my age, one of them I clicked with right off the bat. Yay a new friend! They mostly just discussed seperation of church and state, the history of pledge of allegiance, and future meet ups. We also did introductions, and it was so nice just to have people smile and agree with me for once. We spent about 2 hours talking, and I had to leave before the BBC presentation, because my baby sitter couldn't watch my son any longer :(

I'm going to another meet up this Saturday. If you guys see something similar in your area, I strongly encourage you to go.

Tank

Glad you enjoyed it. What was the BBC presentation going to be about?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

Sweetdeath

You're lucky. I live in NYC, so there just has to be a meet up here.

I wouldn't mind bringing a bible to discuss condraddictions in it.

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

fester30

Just be careful around all these atheists.  They will probably try to tell you God is a myth.  pfft