Author Topic: Evolution Resources  (Read 4488 times)

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Guardian of Reason
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed.
Re: Evolution Resources
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2017, 10:58:45 AM »
That is a pretty neat site. I have some issues with the 'tree of life' approach to evolution but that site is still cool.

Maybe one day, when you have time, you can tell us about the issues you have with the 'tree of life' approach to evolution. You always post some interesting things.

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

"Color me fascinated..." ~Asmodean, The Gray God.

Claireliontamer

• Guardian of Reason
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »
That is a pretty neat site. I have some issues with the 'tree of life' approach to evolution but that site is still cool.

Maybe one day, when you have time, you can tell us about the issues you have with the 'tree of life' approach to evolution. You always post some interesting things.

I'll try but I'm typing on my phone.

The problem is it that it massively over simplifies what is going on.

In reality it is probably much more web like than tree like.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/jan/21/charles-darwin-evolution-species-tree-life is quite a good article on it.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 11:05:26 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/jan/21/charles-darwin-evolution-species-tree-life is quite a good article on it.
Interesting.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Guardian of Reason
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed.
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »

Interesting.

:secrets1: I told you she always posts 'Interesting' stuff.
But you already know that.  :)

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

"Color me fascinated..." ~Asmodean, The Gray God.