News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Velma on May 17, 2017, 07:59:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 17, 2017, 06:31:05 PM
Quote from: Velma on May 17, 2017, 05:14:18 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 17, 2017, 10:03:59 AM
Well last straw moment at work today. Told a co-worker what I thought of them and walked out. I really can't stand stupid any more.
There does come that moment when the stupid is too much to bear. So what happens now?
I'll go back tomorrow. Put a one day holiday form in. Stick it out until the 2nd June when the job is done and then see what happens. In the mean time I'll be looking for another more local job. Unemployment in the UK is at it's lowest for decades and I have a CV to die for in the area I'll be looking in. They are building a huge extension to a white collar industrial estate I can walk to in 15 minutes so I'm not that worried.
Working closer to home is always nice. Good luck!
Thank you. Being able to walk to work would be ideal.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Well last straw moment at work today. Told a co-worker what I thought of them and walked out. I really can't stand stupid any more.
There does come that moment when the stupid is too much to bear. So what happens now?
I'll go back tomorrow. Put a one day holiday form in. Stick it out until the 2nd June when the job is done and then see what happens. In the mean time I'll be looking for another more local job. Unemployment in the UK is at it's lowest for decades and I have a CV to die for in the area I'll be looking in. They are building a huge extension to a white collar industrial estate I can walk to in 15 minutes so I'm not that worried.

Nil illigitum carborundum, as they say, Tank. Good luck!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on May 17, 2017, 08:45:11 PM

Nil illigitum carborundum, as they say, Tank. Good luck!

:cheers:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Sorry, got my grammar wrong, "Nil illigitimi carborundum." :D

Biggus Dickus

Hey Tank!
"Ispi tipsilatinomini fugellitium" or as they say, "Fuck Em".
8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Well, that both sucks and is excellent at the same time.  Good luck on finding something nearby -- would it be possible to work from home, or does that not apply to you?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tom62

I feel for you. Working in the IT,  I also have to deal with a lot of PBCK and RTFM cases
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 17, 2017, 11:16:16 PM

Well, that both sucks and is excellent at the same time.  Good luck on finding something nearby -- would it be possible to work from home, or does that not apply to you?
I can work from home and have done so. So I can take it or leave it. I would like to pick up something I could walk to as I like leaving work at work if you see what I mean.

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on May 18, 2017, 05:33:31 AM

I feel for you. Working in the IT,  I also have to deal with a lot of PBCK and RTFM cases
PBCK?

What about PICNIC?

Arturo

I've been selected to take part in a study to see the effects of treating psychosis with playing video games. I'll be paid $15/hr and earn up to $350 for the whole thing. There s a wait list that will come around to me at the end of May when they will assess me further.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on May 18, 2017, 07:48:38 AM
I've been selected to take part in a study to see the effects of treating psychosis with playing video games. I'll be paid $15/hr and earn up to $350 for the whole thing. There s a wait list that will come around to me at the end of May when they will assess me further.
Nice job! :)

Dragonia

That sounds like a fun job! Unless they try to mess with your mind by making you play video games with crazy flickering graphics or something. 😨
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dragonia on May 18, 2017, 01:27:46 PM
That sounds like a fun job! Unless they try to mess with your mind by making you play video games with crazy flickering graphics or something. 😨
Or, what if you get stuck playing games you don't like or even hate for hours on end, like "Just Dance Disney Party'?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Cool!

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on May 18, 2017, 06:29:21 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on May 18, 2017, 05:33:31 AM

PBCK?

What about PICNIC?

It is the same (PBCK= Problem Between Chair and Keyboard)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein