News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on May 12, 2017, 05:54:09 AM
Quote from: Arturo on May 12, 2017, 04:34:12 AM
My Uncle went to jail today and now my cousin is staying with me.
:therethere:

It's alright, I'm just taking it one day at a time.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on May 12, 2017, 02:31:16 AM
Dragonia, I just read on the label of my Hydrocortisone package that it is good for poison ivy, oak, and other evil shit.  Well it did not actually use the word shit.  I bought some of the hydrocortison at the family Dollar Tree store. Cost me one dollar. I have used it as a remedy for itching in an unmentionable place of my ancient anatomy. It is worth a dollar to try it for your miserable  poison ivy..

Hey DragonLady, I get poison ivy/oak just about every summer, whether from gardening, camping, or trail riding on my bicycle, and swear by "Ivarest" products. I keep a tube in my car, with my bike gear, in the house and garage and always take with me if I go camping or hiking.

Stuff works really well, whether at the onset of the rash or later on as it get's out of control.

As and FYI - One of the things I learned here at HAF from posting my own accounts of getting poison ivy is that they do not have the plant in the UK, that it is only found in N.America...I think that is bullshit. Why would god only plant it here in god's country and not some heathen place like the UK? Not fair I tell you. :(

Quote from: Arturo on May 12, 2017, 06:21:41 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 12, 2017, 05:54:09 AM
Quote from: Arturo on May 12, 2017, 04:34:12 AM
My Uncle went to jail today and now my cousin is staying with me.
:therethere:

It's alright, I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Good luck dealing with that Arturo.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

Father Bruno, my brother is also highly allergic to poison ivy. He can get a spot on his arm and within two days he'll have it everywhere. His used to get so bad that he would take a bath in a 10% bleach/water solution. Now that's desperate for relief.  :o
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 12, 2017, 01:57:20 PM

As and FYI - One of the things I learned here at HAF from posting my own accounts of getting poison ivy is that they do not have the plant in the UK, that it is only found in N.America...I think that is bullshit. Why would god only plant it here in god's country and not some heathen place like the UK? Not fair I tell you. :(

We don't have anything exciting in our wilderness like you have.  Most dangerous thing is probably fields of cows.

Dave

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 12, 2017, 07:12:33 PM

We don't have anything exciting in our wilderness like you have.  Most dangerous thing is probably fields of cows.

Got some nasty nettles behind my place! But I swear that the cottoneaster next door is sentient -  lunges out and snags me with its vicious thorns if I get within a foot of it!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Gloucester, did you know that stinging nettle can be cooked and used as a tasty vegetable dish?  It also makes a pretty good tea.  When boiled the nasty little hairy stingers are no longer a danger. 

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on May 12, 2017, 08:23:16 PM
Gloucester, did you know that stinging nettle can be cooked and used as a tasty vegetable dish?  It also makes a pretty good tea.  When boiled the nasty little hairy stingers are no longer a danger.

Yes, the young tips are the best for an infusion. Haven't had that for many years, decades even - once had a gf who was into "Nature's Bounty" in a big way. But after some nasty tummy trubs I went of the idea . . . and her!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Velma on May 12, 2017, 05:06:10 PM
Father Bruno, my brother is also highly allergic to poison ivy. He can get a spot on his arm and within two days he'll have it everywhere. His used to get so bad that he would take a bath in a 10% bleach/water solution. Now that's desperate for relief.  :o

Velma I can understand his desperation. I had never contracted poison ivy until I was in my early 40's, and ever since that time I have to be extra diligent when I feel I've been exposed.
Long-sleeve shirts, and gloves if I'm in the garden, always rinse myself off and wash my clothes off after riding my bike, and at the first sign of a rash I apply the IvaRest which usually prevents it from spreading.
I've never taken the bleach bath, but a couple times it was so far gone on my arm that the only relief from the itching I could get was to immerse my arm in very hot water, to the point of it almost burning. (The heat offers temporary relief from the itching and helps dry out the rash, but the relief the heat offers from itching is the most satisfying)

This story here relates how a in Africa people suffer from onchocerciasis, caused by the bite of a river fly whose bite drops larvae under the skin.

QuoteIt can't be overstated that the worms itch, a lot. Sometimes, said Unnasch, people infected with the worms are driven to suicide.
Katabarwa also has stories of people inflicting harm upon themselves because of the itchiness. There are cases where people boil water to pour on themselves, he said.
[/u]

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 12, 2017, 07:12:33 PM

Hey never underestimate a field of kows, they get mad they can "Fuck You Up"! ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Well I took the plunge today and upgraded my camera body to a Sony A68 (24Mp) from an A290 (14Mp). Went into the Sony centre in Leeds and all bar one of my legacy lenses worked perfectly. The one that didn't work was the cheapest to replace. The A68 arrives on Tuesday so I'll be out and about clicking away.

I took some photos in the shop and when I got home they look really good. While I was checking the images I noticed that some had been taken at ISO 3,200! Amazing how technology has progressed since the Kodachrome 25 where you had to carry a tripod pretty much everywhere.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I'm sure you all know the feeling. :sad sigh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

My Dad is in the same old abusive relationship. I'm not sure what to do about it because he doesn't want help and I need to watch out for my little cousin cuz he's at that age where she fucked me up. I know what she's doing so maybe I should have an intervention?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Well last straw moment at work today. Told a co-worker what I thought of them and walked out. I really can't stand stupid any more.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Velma

Quote from: Tank on May 17, 2017, 10:03:59 AM
Well last straw moment at work today. Told a co-worker what I thought of them and walked out. I really can't stand stupid any more.
There does come that moment when the stupid is too much to bear. So what happens now?
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on May 17, 2017, 05:14:18 PM
There does come that moment when the stupid is too much to bear. So what happens now?
I'll go back tomorrow. Put a one day holiday form in. Stick it out until the 2nd June when the job is done and then see what happens. In the mean time I'll be looking for another more local job. Unemployment in the UK is at it's lowest for decades and I have a CV to die for in the area I'll be looking in. They are building a huge extension to a white collar industrial estate I can walk to in 15 minutes so I'm not that worried.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on May 17, 2017, 06:31:05 PM
Quote from: Velma on May 17, 2017, 05:14:18 PM
I'll go back tomorrow. Put a one day holiday form in. Stick it out until the 2nd June when the job is done and then see what happens. In the mean time I'll be looking for another more local job. Unemployment in the UK is at it's lowest for decades and I have a CV to die for in the area I'll be looking in. They are building a huge extension to a white collar industrial estate I can walk to in 15 minutes so I'm not that worried.
Working closer to home is always nice. Good luck!