News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on April 08, 2017, 07:07:17 PM
OK...I think I'm gonna have to close my chakras. The Jehovah Witnesses just came to visit me.  :grrr:

She had her two sons with her. I tried to not be rude, but she said to me, "You must have reasons for not believing in god, could you tell me the reasons?" I said, "Yes, I have my reasons, and no, I don't see why I have to tell you."
She said, "OK" and left.

If she wanted to "plant a seed" in my house, it went all wrong because I might have "planted my seed" in her kids' mind.  :nu-uh:

Must be the season for it, they visited me the other dsy.

But I have an entry phone so no foot in the door.

Buzz.
"Hello?"
"Hello, I would like to invite you to meet us in our Kingdom Hall in Quedgeley."
"Not really appropriate for a humanist."
"Oh. Er. Thank you. Goodbye."
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on April 08, 2017, 07:30:19 PM
OK...I think I'm gonna have to close my chakras. The Jehovah Witnesses just came to visit me.  :grrr:

She had her two sons with her. I tried to not be rude, but she said to me, "You must have reasons for not believing in god, could you tell me the reasons?" I said, "Yes, I have my reasons, and no, I don't see why I have to tell you."
She said, "OK" and left.

If she wanted to "plant a seed" in my house, it went all wrong because I might have "planted my seed" in her kids' mind.  :nu-uh:

Must be the season for it, they visited me the other dsy.

But I have an entry phone so no foot in the door.

Buzz.
"Hello?"
"Hello, I would like to invite you to meet us in our Kingdom Hall in Quedgeley."
"Not really appropriate for a humanist."
"Oh. Er. Thank you. Goodbye."
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

What's sauce for the goose  . . .
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 08, 2017, 10:03:02 PM

What's sauce for the goose  . . .

. . . is sauce for the gander.

Maybe it was time for her kids to know that not everyone in the world believes what their mother believes.  :shrug: She is the one who rang my bell and brought them to my house.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

What's a "gander" anyway?

I'm off to Honduras tomorrow for a week of snorkeling, good food, and Easter Parades (Who knows they might even get me to go to mass with them. Wife's entire family is Catholic. I actually don't mind going, it's a very old church with construction starting around 1634 by the Spaniards, it's called, "Catedral de Comayagua")

Adios amigos! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 09, 2017, 01:20:40 AM
What's a "gander" anyway?

It's a male goose, and also a way of looking at things.  But in this context, a male goose.

QuoteI'm off to Honduras tomorrow for a week of snorkeling, good food, and Easter Parades (Who knows they might even get me to go to mass with them. Wife's entire family is Catholic. I actually don't mind going, it's a very old church with construction starting around 1634 by the Spaniards, it's called, "Catedral de Comayagua")

Adios amigos! 8)

Sounds like fun on a bun!  Enjoy!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 09, 2017, 01:20:40 AM
I'm off to Honduras tomorrow for a week of snorkeling, good food, and Easter Parades (Who knows they might even get me to go to mass with them. Wife's entire family is Catholic. I actually don't mind going, it's a very old church with construction starting around 1634 by the Spaniards, it's called, "Catedral de Comayagua")

Adios amigos! 8)
Have a wonderful, and safe trip, Father Bruno:hug:
:secrets1: Oh! And please try to be nice to the nuns.

Arturo

Dad skipped out on a movie tonight that I suggested to cheer him up (just found out he has depression last Monday). So I thought about seeing the movie myself cuz he didn't tell me where he was when he didn't come back from work. I texted him 2 minutes to ten to see what the fuck was going on and he said he's at his girlfriend's house.

I didn't actually see the movie cuz I'm kinda mentally exhausted from all the sun today.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I went to go see my cousin in a play. It was a Easter play done by his church. So I wore a Jurassic Park shirt.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on April 15, 2017, 02:27:24 AM
I went to go see my cousin in a play. It was a Easter play done by his church. So I wore a Jurassic Park shirt.
:thumbsup:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Thursday morning around eight, I was awakened by huge amounts of pain. For some reason, my top half and bottom half were trying to turn in different directions while I slept. The majority of my left leg's weight was on my right knee - the knee I had operated on last summer. There are times when you know that some Tylenol ain't gonna help at all. I had some prescription pain medication left from then, so I took one and after a bit went back to bed.

When I got to work, I discovered that my name had finally come up in the random drug test lottery. I chuckled all the way to the clinic. On the plus side, I got out of working for nearly two hours and still got paid.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

I'm fairly sad right now and I don't know if I will get out of it. When I get like this I tend to lash out so we will see how this turns out. Sorry guys.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

^ Dear xSP you should not think too deeply in philosophic ways. It may be damaging to ones limbric region.  In addition it can give you a headache.