News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

I'm visiting the Krakow office this week, and went out with a couple of coworkers last night. Got drunker than I have in years, way too much. Going out again tonight, but hoping I can pace myself. These Poles like to drink. I'm kinda worried I won't be able to resist the temptation and peer pressure.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Wow, everybody's travelling lately.  Don't drink, take pictures!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

I came across these on Twitter this morning:

Top 8 things that make Britons cry:
1 One Last Time
2 Mofftiss
3 Holby City
4 Sherlock
5 Fred dying
6 THE HEAT
7 Cold tea
8 Hedwig dying

Most common boob names in Britain:
1 Ant & Dec
2 Love Dome & Love Dome 2, Thunder Dome
3 Margaret & Doreen
4 Bill & Ben
5 Louis & Harry

...I usually just say, "The left one, or the right one".
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 23, 2017, 02:03:39 PM
I came across these on Twitter this morning:

Top 8 things that make Britons cry:
1 One Last Time
2 Mofftiss
3 Holby City
4 Sherlock
5 Fred dying
6 THE HEAT
7 Cold tea
8 Hedwig dying

Most common boob names in Britain:
1 Ant & Dec
2 Love Dome & Love Dome 2, Thunder Dome
3 Margaret & Doreen
4 Bill & Ben
5 Louis & Harry

...I usually just say, "The left one, or the right one".

Oh, dear, I am not a Briton then!  :weepy:

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 23, 2017, 02:31:20 PM
Cold tea makes me cry.

But then there's Manhattan Iced Tea.
OK, it has no actual tea in it but after a tall glass or two ot MIT you just don't worry about it!

Hmm, you could always sub the sweet&sour and the Coke for some strong tea . . .

Dave

Recusant

I'm partial to Alphonse and Gaston.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I'm thinking of Mags. :(  I hope everything turns out ok.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Gloucester on June 23, 2017, 02:59:49 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 23, 2017, 02:57:57 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 23, 2017, 02:31:20 PM
Cold tea makes me cry.

What about ice tea? :yum:

My last still counts!

I've had a Long Island iced tea, which sounds similar to a Manhattan iced tea, that was very drinkable.  Normal iced tea - nope.  Wrong, just wrong to have tea cold.

Icarus

Almost all our true southerners are addicted to ultra sweetened cold tea.  It is referred to in the regional vernacular as sweetee....all one word.   It is consumed in great quantities.by the rank and file

I am partial to hot tea with only the slightest hint of sugar, never with milk or cream. I confess that my tea of choice is usually Earl Grey which I suspect may be anathema to the more discriminate Brit.   

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on June 23, 2017, 08:20:29 PM
Almost all our true southerners are addicted to ultra sweetened cold tea.  It is referred to in the regional vernacular as sweetee....all one word.   It is consumed in great quantities.by the rank and file

I am partial to hot tea with only the slightest hint of sugar, never with milk or cream. I confess that my tea of choice is usually Earl Grey which I suspect may be anathema to the more discriminate Brit.

Nope, I like Earl Grey, black with sugar. But I prefer green teas in general. However, these days it is 99.9% peppermint infusion. I tried it as an experiment because I had read that it helps with IBS, even the NHS advice site is open minded on this. Seems to work for me!

Also I am not supposed to consume caffeine.

Arturo

Not that it bothers me but I seem to be moving from over stretching my deltoid to over stretching my rotator cuff of the right arm. Which are opposing muscles that pull the arm away from each other. It's all about have a good posture and knowing where your arm should be.

I know the exercises to correct the problem and in fact I do them. I started off with my rotator cuff being stretched and then I did some exercises to fix that. Then I felt the pain in my deltoid. So I'm working one and not the other and they need to be of similar strength to correct this.

(Damb I'm good and I didn't even go to school for this)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

The bounty of Nature . . . And what a pain it can be!

I disturbed a spider's nest. With about a hundred 1.5mm long spiders in it. Which then invaded my hair and clothing looking for somewhere to hide.

I am afraid that I ended up resorting to a small vacuum cleaner, a lot of brushing of hair and a pair of trousers and a shirt getting an early turn in the washing machine. And me a quick shower.

Luckily I did not have Mama to contend with.