News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

It may hold together if you pull it with a horse.

Dave

Weld enough bits on and it just won't fall to bits.

Won't work either, mind you, but at least it won't work in a very solid manner!

:D
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on May 22, 2017, 02:22:18 PM
Just got a call from my parents. They are in their way to the vet with Athena, our Doberman, to be put to sleep. I guess her health has taken a downturn in the last week and there isn't anything that can be done for her.

I'm incredibly sad but also a little relieved. She's been on heavy duty pain killers for a while and she could hardly walk any more. I hated seeing her like this because I know she would rather be out chasing rabbits than sleeping on the couch all day.

I am really going to miss her though. I'm glad I took the time to give her an extra scratch when I was moving my things out.

That sucks, Buddy.  :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

I accidentally adopted a cat.

The cat that my boyfriend and I were going to get didn't work out. Her owner decided to keep her. We were going to wait a bit before looking for another one but that didn't happen. My mom and I stopped by the humane society to drop off some litter and food for the kitties and they showed me Pata, a 14 year old female cat that was scheduled to be euthanized on Monday. Her owner passed away and she had been at the shelter for 4 months because no one wanted an older cat. They let me adopt her without any fees because they wanted her to go to a home.

Guys, this is the sweetest most snuggly cat I've met in a long time. We've been home for 15 minutes and she hasn't stopped purring and rubbing on me since I let her out of her travel carrier. She loves having her belly scratched and I'm told that she loves other cats but I'm letting her settle in before I introduce her to Lilith.

I just can't believe someone would pass up such a friendly cat like Pata.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on May 25, 2017, 09:29:36 PM

The cat that my boyfriend and I were going to get didn't work out. Her owner decided to keep her. We were going to wait a bit before looking for another one but that didn't happen. My mom and I stopped by the humane society to drop off some litter and food for the kitties and they showed me Pata, a 14 year old female cat that was scheduled to be euthanized on Monday. Her owner passed away and she had been at the shelter for 4 months because no one wanted an older cat. They let me adopt her without any fees because they wanted her to go to a home.

Guys, this is the sweetest most snuggly cat I've met in a long time. We've been home for 15 minutes and she hasn't stopped purring and rubbing on me since I let her out of her travel carrier. She loves having her belly scratched and I'm told that she loves other cats but I'm letting her settle in before I introduce her to Lilith.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

^^ Sometimes, Buddy, you have to give the oldies a chance, get to know them, see what they have to offer back. Too easy to just dismiss them as has-beens.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Bless you Buddy,and your BF too. 

jumbojak

Well, the parts for the hay cutter came in. Too bad they weren't the right ones. Hopefully they get the right shell for us so it can go back together on Sunday.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on May 25, 2017, 09:29:36 PM

You rescued an old cat, now you have a friend. :tellmemore:

I'm curious, does the cat have anything peculiar about her paws or legs?

Buddy

Other than having been declawed in all four paws as a kitten, she's completely fine. I wish she hadn't had her claws removed but it doesn't seem to bother her
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

JJ If you dare to work on that tractor on Sunday you will be doomed to hell. The very idea of working on the sabbath is an outrage. ....when you get it fixed.... I am confident that you will.....don't over rev the poor little engine. ........just the same you will be going to hell in the afterlife.