Author Topic: What's on your mind today?  (Read 266325 times)

Dave

• Formerly known as Gloucester
  • Wears a Colander Hat for Special Occasions
Re: What's on your mind today?
« Reply #11025 on: April 08, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »
OK...I think I'm gonna have to close my chakras. The Jehovah Witnesses just came to visit me.  :grrr:

She had her two sons with her. I tried to not be rude, but she said to me, "You must have reasons for not believing in god, could you tell me the reasons?" I said, "Yes, I have my reasons, and no, I don't see why I have to tell you."
She said, "OK" and left.

If she wanted to "plant a seed" in my house, it went all wrong because I might have "planted my seed" in her kids' mind.  :nu-uh:

Must be the season for it, they visited me the other dsy.

But I have an entry phone so no foot in the door.

Buzz.
"Hello?"
"Hello, I would like to invite you to meet us in our Kingdom Hall in Quedgeley."
"Not really appropriate for a humanist."
"Oh. Er. Thank you. Goodbye."
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
« Reply #11026 on: April 08, 2017, 08:04:07 PM »
OK...I think I'm gonna have to close my chakras. The Jehovah Witnesses just came to visit me.  :grrr:

She had her two sons with her. I tried to not be rude, but she said to me, "You must have reasons for not believing in god, could you tell me the reasons?" I said, "Yes, I have my reasons, and no, I don't see why I have to tell you."
She said, "OK" and left.

If she wanted to "plant a seed" in my house, it went all wrong because I might have "planted my seed" in her kids' mind.  :nu-uh:

Must be the season for it, they visited me the other dsy.

But I have an entry phone so no foot in the door.

Buzz.
"Hello?"
"Hello, I would like to invite you to meet us in our Kingdom Hall in Quedgeley."
"Not really appropriate for a humanist."
"Oh. Er. Thank you. Goodbye."
:lol:

Sandra Craft

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
« Reply #11027 on: April 08, 2017, 10:03:02 PM »

What's sauce for the goose  . . .
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
« Reply #11028 on: April 09, 2017, 12:06:50 AM »

What's sauce for the goose  . . .

. . . is sauce for the gander.

Maybe it was time for her kids to know that not everyone in the world believes what their mother believes.  :shrug: She is the one who rang my bell and brought them to my house.

Papasito Bruno

• Deranged Psychopathic Twinkle Toes
  • Guardian of Reason
  • Save water. Shower together!
« Reply #11029 on: April 09, 2017, 01:20:40 AM »
What's a "gander" anyway?

I'm off to Honduras tomorrow for a week of snorkeling, good food, and Easter Parades (Who knows they might even get me to go to mass with them. Wife's entire family is Catholic. I actually don't mind going, it's a very old church with construction starting around 1634 by the Spaniards, it's called, "Catedral de Comayagua")

Adios amigos! 8)
I'm truly sorry, but I can't keep explaining this simple thing to you over and over again hoping that you'll finally understand something so simple and obvious.
I'm not the "Dumb-Ass Whisperer".

I really, really hate anti-semantics.

Sandra Craft

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
« Reply #11030 on: April 09, 2017, 02:26:34 AM »
What's a "gander" anyway?

It's a male goose, and also a way of looking at things.  But in this context, a male goose.

I'm off to Honduras tomorrow for a week of snorkeling, good food, and Easter Parades (Who knows they might even get me to go to mass with them. Wife's entire family is Catholic. I actually don't mind going, it's a very old church with construction starting around 1634 by the Spaniards, it's called, "Catedral de Comayagua")

Adios amigos! 8)

Sounds like fun on a bun!  Enjoy!
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
« Reply #11031 on: April 09, 2017, 02:42:20 AM »

Adios amigos! 8)
Have a wonderful, and safe trip, Father Bruno:hug:
 :secrets1: Oh! And please try to be nice to the nuns.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #11032 on: April 09, 2017, 03:25:10 AM »
Dad skipped out on a movie tonight that I suggested to cheer him up (just found out he has depression last Monday). So I thought about seeing the movie myself cuz he didn't tell me where he was when he didn't come back from work. I texted him 2 minutes to ten to see what the fuck was going on and he said he's at his girlfriend's house.

I didn't actually see the movie cuz I'm kinda mentally exhausted from all the sun today.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #11033 on: April 15, 2017, 02:27:24 AM »
I went to go see my cousin in a play. It was a Easter play done by his church. So I wore a Jurassic Park shirt.

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

• Formerly known as Gloucester
  • Wears a Colander Hat for Special Occasions
« Reply #11034 on: April 15, 2017, 02:30:31 AM »
I went to go see my cousin in a play. It was a Easter play done by his church. So I wore a Jurassic Park shirt.
:thumbsup:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #11035 on: April 15, 2017, 07:10:35 AM »
What should I post here.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

• Touched by His Noodly Appendage
« Reply #11036 on: April 15, 2017, 08:21:14 AM »
Thursday morning around eight, I was awakened by huge amounts of pain. For some reason, my top half and bottom half were trying to turn in different directions while I slept. The majority of my left leg's weight was on my right knee - the knee I had operated on last summer. There are times when you know that some Tylenol ain't gonna help at all. I had some prescription pain medication left from then, so I took one and after a bit went back to bed.

When I got to work, I discovered that my name had finally come up in the random drug test lottery. I chuckled all the way to the clinic. On the plus side, I got out of working for nearly two hours and still got paid.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #11037 on: April 16, 2017, 06:26:17 AM »
I'm fairly sad right now and I don't know if I will get out of it. When I get like this I tend to lash out so we will see how this turns out. Sorry guys.

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Administrator
  • Silly Overlord
  • "Fire together, wire together"
« Reply #11038 on: April 17, 2017, 12:28:11 AM »
I hear ya, Arturo.

:sad sigh:
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
« Reply #11039 on: April 17, 2017, 06:31:11 AM »
^ Dear xSP you should not think too deeply in philosophic ways. It may be damaging to ones limbric region.  In addition it can give you a headache.