News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by iSok, March 25, 2011, 11:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iSok

Hello,

I am working on my BsC for Civil/Structural Engineering.
For a project I made a conceptual sketch for a future building.
My question is:

What do you think this is?

A. An office
B. A medical facility
C. A school
D. A Shopping centre
Qur'an [49:13] - "O Mankind, We created you all from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Verily the noblest of you in the sight of God is the most God-fearing of you. Surely God is All-Knowing, All-Aware."

Whitney

It could be A or B  but does not seem like a C or D.

Sophus

I'm going to vote A.

Nice sketch, by the way.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Tank

No strong preference to any of the suggestions but if I had to pick it would be 'B'. However it does say Museum, Government Municipal Building or Prestige Project of some sort to me.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Certainly not D. I'd go with B. Was I right? Did I win anything?
The world's what you create.

fester30

Most likely B in my opinion.  However, I also agree with Tank that it could be a museum.  That's an awesome design, I'd love to see the finished product.

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

xSilverPhinx

A or B. Mostly because of the different window sizes on each floor IMO.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

B
Although it also reminds me of a museum
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

TheWilliam

You guys are nuts.

It's obviously a church.

SSY

School. Maybe a medical facility, would help if we knew the scale. It reminds me of my school.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Whitney

Quote from: "SSY"would help if we knew the scale.

If my eyes are seeing correctly, if the white is meant to be CMU, and if the CMU graphic is to scale with the building scale....then the window strips are about 3 to 5 feet wide.

Ulver

Office or city building, I'd wager.

iSok

The correct answer is B. Medical facility.
Thank you for playing.

On a side note: I had to ask this, since I don't want my building to look like a mall.

(I'm not a student of architecture, but a student of civil/structural engineering. Design will not change much, the object is to map every inch of the building, so it can be build)

For those who are interested, the program used here is ;)
Qur'an [49:13] - "O Mankind, We created you all from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Verily the noblest of you in the sight of God is the most God-fearing of you. Surely God is All-Knowing, All-Aware."