News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Greetings from the Left Coast!

Started by proudfootz, March 25, 2011, 07:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proudfootz

Just signed up to HAT - good to know this site is here!

Cecilie

I like hats too.
Welcome to the forum! :D
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: "proudfootz"Just signed up to HAT - good to know this site is here!
Good start mate!  :D

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

proudfootz

Quote from: "Cecilie"I like hats too.
Welcome to the forum! :upset:

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

proudfootz

Quote from: "Tank"Prolly  :pop:
I'm a longtime atheist with an interest in religion as a social and psychological phenomenon.

I've been around the web contributing to the discussion of secular values, atheism, and the necessity of keeping religious fundamentalism from undermining science and civil society.

For that reason I have taken an interest in the growth of secularism and the 'new atheist' movement as bulwarks against religious extremism.

Tank

I think you'll fit in here just fine by the sound of it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Greetings from a right coast.

Nice rabbit.  I've got an Akubra hat, apparently it takes 8-13 rabbits to make one.  Hardly seems fair really, dying to become 1/13th of a hat, and I don't even wear it much.

Cecilie

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Nice rabbit.  I've got an Akubra hat, apparently it takes 8-13 rabbits to make one.  Hardly seems fair really, dying to become 1/13th of a hat, and I don't even wear it much.
Don't worry, I won't tell PETA.
The world's what you create.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Cecilie"
Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Don't worry, I won't tell PETA.

I didn't buy it, my mother gave it to me years ago, I prefer cotton.
Rabbits cause a lot of environmental turmoil here, introduce a virus that kills them cruelly and you'll be acclaimed, I wish it was otherwise but...

februarystars

Welcome, Proudfootz!

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"I didn't buy it, my mother gave it to me years ago, I prefer cotton.

My mother also gave me a scarf that's made up of a bunch of little balls of rabbit fur that are sewn together. I would feel guilty for wearing it, but I would also feel guilty for giving it away since it was a gift. So it just sits in my closet. I don't like for animals to die just so I can look fashionable.  :(
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

YaarghMatey487

Bienvenue. I love hats but *sigh* alas... they look very silly on my head.
"Don't you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything."- David Bowie

Tank

Quote from: "YaarghMatey487"Bienvenue. I love hats but *sigh* alas... they look very silly on my head.
POINH (Pictures Or It Never Happened)

terranus

Bonvenon al la Forumo!
[spoiler:114lcbt0]Welcome to the Forum![/spoiler:114lcbt0]
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--