News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

so here it is

Started by JuggernautJon, March 10, 2011, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuggernautJon

Alright, I suppose I should break the ice, as it were. My name is Jonathon Uriah. I come from Oklahoma, and as fate would have it I was raised (force fed) christian doctrine my entire life. Pentecostal, Assembly of God, Nazarene, Church of Christ and finally Southern Gospel. My father and 2 of my grand fathers were/are ordained ministers, and pretty much all of my family are followers of christ....except me. And so here I am, seeking solitude on a forum of like-minded individuals. I've been reading some of the posts and I enjoy the insight. Thank you, and thanks for having me
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Cecilie

Hi and welcome to HAF, JuggernautJon. X-Men fan?
The world's what you create.

JuggernautJon

haha, yes. I must admit it. I have the Juggernaut tattooed on the inside of my right biceps. Also serves a metaphorically purpose, although corny.
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Cecilie

What is the metaphorical purpose of it?

Tank

Hi Jonathon

Welcome to Happy Atheists, I hope you find the relative peace and quiet you are looking for but don't be too quiet or we won't know you're here! :D

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

JuggernautJon

Ehh, lol...his "power" is able to "run through anything"...so, I, myself can go through anything that comes at me....kind of thing? Haha, does that make sense?
I come from the water

JuggernautJon

And thanks for the welcome! I'll try not to be too quiet, but I'm not sure I can match wits with a lot of you! Haha. I do like discussing and learning different perspectives on things, though
I come from the water

Cecilie

Quote from: "JuggernautJon"Ehh, :cool:

JuggernautJon

Yeah that! Lol that's a safe connotation. We'll go with that one.
I come from the water

Feanor Thunder

Quote from: "JuggernautJon"Alright, I suppose I should break the ice, as it were. My name is Jonathon Uriah. I come from Oklahoma, and as fate would have it I was raised (force fed) christian doctrine my entire life. Pentecostal, Assembly of God, Nazarene, Church of Christ and finally Southern Gospel. My father and 2 of my grand fathers were/are ordained ministers, and pretty much all of my family are followers of christ....except me. And so here I am, seeking solitude on a forum of like-minded individuals. I've been reading some of the posts and I enjoy the insight. Thank you, and thanks for having me

Is Southern Gospel a denomination? I thought it was a music genre. lol!

Welcome!

--FT

JuggernautJon

Lol could b just that. Just figured I'd throw that out there just in case.  I know that the church my dad attends now play Southern Gospel style quartet music...and it induces ear bleeding for me.
I come from the water

terranus

Bonvenon al la Forumo!
[spoiler:377kadhj]Welcome to the Forum! Watch out for the Fins! They're rather "crotchety".[/spoiler:377kadhj]
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey