News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I have two cats, two milk snakes, 4 geckos, one king snake, one hairless rat (lucky bastard was meant to be snake food but the king snake is being pissy), and a spur thigh sulcata tortoise.  We are about to add some chameleons to the menagerie.

Pics of the critters in the album:  http://www.happyatheistforum.com/album.php

Big Mac

I always thought you only had Darwin as a pet. Well I am getting my sister's cat "Iris" soon, I have no pictures but I'm gonna fix that soon enough.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Asmodean Prime

I have had cats since I graduated from the Army, some 33 years ago. All kinds of cats; fat cats, fun cats, mad cats, clawy cats, tiny cats, nutty cats. I have had as many as 4 at one time. Presently, I have 3; Mandi (the oldest, named by my niece), Maverick, and Mist.

My first cat was Visage de Feu…had to give her up when I split up with my ex. She kept Visage. I got a place that didn’t allow pets…the last time I did that.

My fav cat of all time was Tory (Toranaga-Sama). Got him in Chicago. My roommate and his gf had a dog, Shmoozy. When Tory was a kitten, he scratched Shmoozy’s eye, so I was forced to have him declawed (done by drilling out the claws, not chopping off at the knuckle). Tory was strictly an indoor cat, being in the big city, but he was always trying to escape to the wilds of the street. There was a foyer in our building, so that’s as far as he got, when he did slip out. He used to love to hide on top of the fridge, and launch himself at people, as they came into the kitchen…not maliciously, but he had no fear.

Some time after I left Chicago, I found myself camping for about 3 months (yeah, I was homeless, but that’s another story). So, Tory had his first experience as an outdoor cat. No matter where I was camping, Tory made it his home. He would go on hikes with me, sneaking along in the bushes and trees beside me, never wandering too far. He became a deft hunter, even though he had no claws. He brought me his trophies on a daily basis. I used to leave the flap to my tent open at night, so he could come and go. That ended when he brought a live mole in one night to show me.

Great cat…horrible end. Sometime later, while I was at work, a neighbor let his two dogs out, and they cornered Tory. Friends found him, but he could not be saved.

Why cats? They are mysterious and independent. They always have that portion of wildness lurking somewhere inside. They can be very loyal, though most people aren’t aware of it, especially those used to the slavish devotion of dogs. Unlike dogs, cats do not forgive and forget. Offend a cat, and he remains offended. You must earn a cat’s friendship, and you must do it always, kind of like with people. Dog people generally can’t appreciate the subtleties of cats. Cats are completely hedonistic, doing what they want, when they want, which is fine, if you admire independence.

So, yeah, I like cats. Deal with it.

Asmodean Prime

btw, cute pets, laetus.

Court

Laetus, I love your gray cat, she's a cute one. And did you really name your cat Nietzsche? That's awesome.

I have one fat-ass, old tuxedo cat, Rocky. And we just got two new ragdoll siamese kittens of which I will definitely show you pictures...when I have some.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

Ya, the cat's name is really Nietzsche (technically my bf's cat)  the grey cat is also named after an atheist the cat's name is Corbu short for Le Corbusier an atheist architect.  I actually didn't name the grey cat with the idea that it would be named after an atheist...I just like Corbu's work.

Siamese kittens are so adorable...I'd love to see pics of them and your other cat when you have them :)

McQ

Two Border Collies, Buster and Shadow. They're siblings. Shadow is the darker of the two, hence the name. Plus, he never leaves my side.

They're smarter and better behaved than my kids. At least that's what I tell my kids. But I also tell them I don't know who their real father is.
 :twisted:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Court

:D

I will definitely post pics when they're developed (I am rather partial to my film camera) on here and on WWGHA....(they're so cute, how could I not?)
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Court

Ok, I'm not sure this link will work, but it's worth a shot:
http://sfasu.facebook.com/album.php?aid ... d=38707657
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

TwistOfCain

Quote from: "Court"Ok, I'm not sure this link will work, but it's worth a shot:

Cuteness...overwhelming...now I miss my cat.
Not about to see your light
But if you wanna find Hell with me
I can show you what it's like.
-Danzig, Mother

"I AM THOTH! AND I WILL NOT BE HUMBLED -- BY MAN OR GOD!"
-Thoth-Amon, The Book of Thoth

Court

Oh, I guess I better put those on WWGHA, since I said I would. :D
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Whitney

Quote from: "Court"Ok, I'm not sure this link will work, but it's worth a shot:

Those are adorable pictures.  I wish my cat was that cute as a baby.

MommaSquid

Adorable kitten, Court.

I have two cats, Kitty and Misty, both gray tiger females.  They tolerate each other's presence and mine, but they both adore my husband.  Cats are comforting without being too needy.

I've had lots of pets over the years:  a dog, cats, rabbits, hamsters, and even a skunk (when I was three).  I don't do fish or birds, not because I don't like them but because I don't trust myself to do right by them.

Kitty woke me at 6 a.m. and I blame her for my foul mood today.  She was howling for no apparent reason.  She's lucky she's cute.

Big Mac

My cat does that to me except she's overweight and jumps on me with her kangeroo feet. Also she's knocked down my prized Kalishinov when I had it propped against my desk while I was doing weekly cleaning and maintenance but she's too cute to be mad at.

Those are cute cats, Courtney.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Court

Thanks, I think so too :)
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]