News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Leafcutter Ant Genome Reveals Secrets of Fungus Farming Ways

Started by Tank, February 18, 2011, 06:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Leafcutter Ant Genome Reveals Secrets of Fungus Farming Ways

QuoteScienceDaily (Feb. 10, 2011) â€" Leafcutter ants, signature denizens of New World tropical forests, are unique in their ability to harvest fresh leaves to cultivate a nutrient-rich fungus as food.

nterplay of ants, fungi and a suite of bacteria -- is coming into sharper focus as a team of University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers has published the complete genome of the leafcutter ant, Atta cephalotes.

The study, published Feb. 10, 2011 in the journal PLoS Genetics by an international team led by UW-Madison bacteriology professors Cameron Currie and Garret Suen, illustrates how lifestyle can remake an animal's genetic blueprint over the course of evolutionary history.

A fascinating example of a totally inter-reliant symbiotic system.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SSY

Always been fascinated by those, the incredibly organised society made up of barely conscious beings I think really shows how emergent properties of systems can be so extraordinary when compared to the simplicity of their elements. To see even more layers is another refresher on the wonders of nature.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick