News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Started by LegendarySandwich, February 06, 2011, 05:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godless

Me and my roommates went through about 24 Shock Tops and Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde beer this weekend. Such good beer!

terranus

Quote from: "Godless"Me and my roommates went through about 24 Shock Tops and Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde beer this weekend. Such good beer!

Shock Top is good stuff. Much better than that Blue Moon crap.

About to go to the bar and drink more than a few Abita Strawberry Harvest Lagers right now...it's Abita's seasonal spring beer...very popular in Louisiana (my 2nd home, where I happen to be visiting @ the moment) because they brew it with real, fresh, Louisiana-grown organic strawberries.   :drool
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Uncle Meat

Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"Ah ha. Haven't decided yet, but I'm going to be making a HUGE barrel with a tap that's going to fit in the side of the wall of my cob house for storing it. We have plenty of blackberries around here growing wild, though. After I plant the grapes and schupponons I'll mix those in too. I'm stilld debating whether or not to get honeybees to get the honey fresh.

Have you ever made mead before? :']

Yeah, I did it a few years back.  I might get back into it now I got my own place.  I did one that was just honey fermented with a bit of lemon juice, and one that had a couple of pounds of blackberries in.  Both were good, but the blackberry one was better.  Mead seems to take quite a bit longer to ferment than wine does, plus I had to add extra honey to get the mead to ferment out fully without having to artificially stop the fermentation and sweeten it....

ForTheLoveOfAll

Quote from: "Uncle Meat"
Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"Ah ha. Haven't decided yet, but I'm going to be making a HUGE barrel with a tap that's going to fit in the side of the wall of my cob house for storing it. We have plenty of blackberries around here growing wild, though. After I plant the grapes and schupponons I'll mix those in too. I'm stilld debating whether or not to get honeybees to get the honey fresh.

Have you ever made mead before? :']

Yeah, I did it a few years back.  I might get back into it now I got my own place.  I did one that was just honey fermented with a bit of lemon juice, and one that had a couple of pounds of blackberries in.  Both were good, but the blackberry one was better.  Mead seems to take quite a bit longer to ferment than wine does, plus I had to add extra honey to get the mead to ferment out fully without having to artificially stop the fermentation and sweeten it....
Ahh, well, my biggest issue will be having the patience to wait a couple of months to actually let it finish fermenting.
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

father nicetouch

I can tell you what i wish i could be drinking! There is nothing better than drinking a nice tall glass Jack and coke while reading the bible under the light of a lamp! That book is hilarious!
We have talked about this before! I know you love me! But I think it would be better if we just stayed as friends, Jesus!

I tried talking to Satan the other day, but just like god, there was no response!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ForTheLoveOfAll

Quote from: "father nicetouch"I can tell you what i wish i could be drinking! There is nothing better than drinking a nice tall glass Jack and coke while reading the bible under the light of a lamp! That book is hilarious!
That reminds me, I haven't had Jack in the longest time. Back before I was a health nut a friend and I mixed half a bottle of it in with two red bulls, venom, and bawlz. We were stuttering and jumping off the walls and laughing our asses off all night afterwards.
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

Uncle Meat

Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"Ahh, well, my biggest issue will be having the patience to wait a couple of months to actually let it finish fermenting.

Yikes... I remember the mead taking quite a few months to finish fermenting, then most of a further year to fine and smooth up into a drinkable brew....  best get some good reading material in the mean time....  :cool:

ForTheLoveOfAll

QuoteYikes... I remember the mead taking quite a few months to finish fermenting, then most of a further year to fine and smooth up into a drinkable brew....  best get some good reading material in the mean time....  :D

And aye. Got alot of reading to catch up on, actually.
-Carl Sagan

- Bill Hicks

father nicetouch

Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"
QuoteYikes... I remember the mead taking quite a few months to finish fermenting, then most of a further year to fine and smooth up into a drinkable brew....  best get some good reading material in the mean time....  :D

yeah, my friend Jack and I have had some fond memories together! I going to try that red bull, venom, and bawlz thing! Is it any good? It sounds like your provoking a heart attack!
We have talked about this before! I know you love me! But I think it would be better if we just stayed as friends, Jesus!

I tried talking to Satan the other day, but just like god, there was no response!

ForTheLoveOfAll

Quote from: "father nicetouch"
Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"

yeah, my friend Jack and I have had some fond memories together! I going to try that red bull, venom, and bawlz thing! Is it any good? It sounds like your provoking a heart attack!

Jack never lets me down!

Annnd it was good. Very good. And something I never intend on trying again, and that I suggest you never try again. My heart just about burst.

If the devil exists, and if he ever made anything, it's Bill O'Reily, and energy drinks.
-Carl Sagan

- Bill Hicks

father nicetouch

Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"Haha. I'll just make several barrels of it at different incriments so there'll always be some ready after the initial batch. :hissyfit:

rawrdog822

Nothing, but I'm thirsty.  Might grab a beer.

terranus

Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.