News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on July 31, 2017, 05:33:13 PM
Basa fish fillets that have spent the day marinading in Cajun spices and served with chopped red pepper, sweet chillis, olives, spring onions, Portabello mushrooms and cherry tomatoes all sliced and diced and softened together in a little water then finished in olive oil.

Was going to be in wraps but forgot to buy the wrappers!

Yum.  Making fish tacos as soon as the tilapia's thawed.  Eating strawberries in the meantime.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Tilapia is the polite name for an imported fish formerly called Nile Perch. Nile: It is obvious that they originated in Africa. They are prolific and have a rapid growth rate. They were first imported into Florida to help control the vegetation growth in our gazillions of Florida lakes. Excessive vegetation growth was/is a problem for our lakes.  Those fish are vegetarians and dine exclusively on plant life.  Fisherman were frustrated because Tilapia would not take lures or other baits that were preferred by the native carnivorous fishes. We finally figured out that the bait of choice was English peas.

Tilapia are almost exclusively netted, not hooked, when in the natural environments. They are now being harvested in such quantity that the waterborne vegetation is only slightly improved.  The Talapia flesh is edible and relatively cheap but not of the taste and quality of our vanishing supply of Grouper, Snapper, Bass, and similar game fish. 

We do have millions of alligators and the meat from their tail sections is entirely edible and not bad tasting if you are not aware of where the meat originated. I suspect that the Malthusian concept is fast approaching reality.

There is a tiny community between Tampa and Saint Petersburg whose post office name is Rattlesnake. You guessed it.  There was/is a cannery there that processes rattlesnake flesh for human consumption. We used to have plenty of rattlesnakes too. Much of Florida has been paved over so the rattle snakes have lost a lot oftheir native habitat and are thus less abundant.

Our rednecks population has diminished percentige wise because the population of Florida is predominantly composed of people from elsewhere. Nonetheless the remaining rednecks do eat Possum and Armadillo.

Arturo

I am eating dill flavored potato chips and a ham sandwhich with mayo and mustard. Also my drink of choice, Gatorade.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Minced beef (I think...at least, I hope) with potato and carrot slices, white rice and crumb...things.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Sweet chilli crackers, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, spring onions and vino. Only I am not "eating" the vino exactly.

Got to eat more, my weight dropped over 2 kilos, from 64 to 62, in two months. I am not on a diet or doing extra exercise. Doc says to keep monitoring it. Might buy an 8 inch jalapeño/spicy chicken/pepperoni pizza tomorrow and scoff the whole thing!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

What's the difference between this thread and the one in the "Laid Back Lounge", is it because the other one is what are you eating "Right Now" and this one is just what are you eating when you do eat or have eaten at one time in your life? Or, is there some other subtle difference that I am missing?

Signed,

Confused Monkey
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on August 04, 2017, 08:42:00 PM
Pooff! Magic.

*gasp*

:grin:

(I thought I was posting on the same thread, and didn't even notice it had spawned another! :P )

Dave

The second half of a crispy base 10 inch pepperoni/spiced beef/jalepeño "Diavolo" pizza. Just eaten the first.

Rate it medium warm, can't get decent pepperoni anywhere round here.

Well, my weight has gone down to 62kg-ish, can afford some extra calories but will have to go very veggie later to balance! Weigh being carefully monitored, might just be that I have got used to eating less but my doctor wants a "running commentary" so Excell is in employment.

Dave

Just a simple smoked Kania ham sarnie with a little garnish . . .

Biggus Dickus

I think I ate some bad strawberries for lunch, stomach is gurgling and I feel the way I do when I'm upset with my allergies, plus gotten a massive headache.  :haironfire:

We need an emoji that is vomiting.

Dave

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on September 13, 2017, 07:55:23 PM
:puke:

(Second row, 9th from right)

Thank you kind sir, don't know how I missed that.... :puke: :bleh:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 13, 2017, 04:35:23 PM
Just a simple smoked Kania ham sarnie with a little garnish . . .

That looks ...colourful. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 13, 2017, 07:49:28 PM
I think I ate some bad strawberries for lunch, stomach is gurgling and I feel the way I do when I'm upset with my allergies, plus gotten a massive headache.  :haironfire:

We need an emoji that is vomiting.

:notsure: Hmm, strawberries. The tastier they look the more agrotoxins, it would seem. I stay away from the big, red juicy ones.