News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hi All

Started by RockyR, January 25, 2011, 11:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyR

I just thought I would introduce myself. I posted on the introduction area yesterday but my post seems to have gone missing?
My name is Steve I am from the North East of England and I am an Atheist.  I was brought up in a non-religious family, my father and Grandfather were both atheists.  I have studied the bible and i am currently reading the Quran, as I like to try and understand people's beliefs.  I find the whole god, ghosts, spirits and alternative medicine thing baffling really. I am just a sceptic at heart :-)

Whitney

Welcome to HAF.

It's possible that what you tried to post yesterday got lost on it's way to the database.

The Magic Pudding

Hello RockyR,

Rocky Raccoon had some trouble with Gideon's bible, don't know if that means anything.

Anyway welcome and good luck with your revival, but not in a religious sense of course.

Tank

Hi Steve

My daughter lives in Black Hall and I live in Leeds so not too far away from you.

Welcome to Happy Atheists

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

terranus

Bonvenon al la Forumo!
[spoiler:g4ltba2f]Welcome to the Forum![/spoiler:g4ltba2f]

QuoteI find the whole god, ghosts, spirits and alternative medicine thing baffling really.

You want baffled? Try believing in those things for the majority of your life, only to finally figure out the truth and wonder why you ever had such unquestionable faith in such nonsense. Now that, my friend, is baffling.
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey