William Lane Craig vs Dawkins on Intelligent Design

Started by minotza, January 09, 2011, 09:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJackel

Quote from: "elliebean"Nothing = God

God = Nothing

*shrug* suits me.

It's as if they think they can win an argument by defecting to the other side.  :blink:

You can't get anymore pleading for ignorance than that  :P Basically, it was shown that the universe could come from zero-point energy.  :P

a-train

Quote from: "TheJackel"basically he's trying to rationalize that his said GOD is made of nothing and is thus simpler than the Universe  :yay:
And all of this would deny Christ anyway.  If God has no physical body and was not raised physically from the dead to immortality, then Jesus is not God.  Luke 24:39 says that Jesus, appearing after the resurrection said to the disciples who thought his appearance was a ghost: "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."  How can Jesus have hands and feet, flesh and bones, and yet be non-material, a-spatial, a dimensional etc.?  If the God that Craig espouses is without any body or form, then it cannot be Jesus.  Yet he clearly advocates the bodily resurrection of Jesus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNHuRkWEhs

Now, when did Jesus lose his body?  If he did, then the resurrection is not permanent.  If he did not, then God is material, spatial, and dimensional.

-a-train

TheJackel

Quote from: "a-train"
Quote from: "TheJackel"basically he's trying to rationalize that his said GOD is made of nothing and is thus simpler than the Universe  :yay:
And all of this would deny Christ anyway.  If God has no physical body and was not raised physically from the dead to immortality, then Jesus is not God.  Luke 24:39 says that Jesus, appearing after the resurrection said to the disciples who thought his appearance was a ghost: "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."  How can Jesus have hands and feet, flesh and bones, and yet be non-material, a-spatial, a dimensional etc.?  If the God that Craig espouses is without any body or form, then it cannot be Jesus.  Yet he clearly advocates the bodily resurrection of Jesus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNHuRkWEhs

Now, when did Jesus lose his body?  If he did, then the resurrection is not permanent.  If he did not, then God is material, spatial, and dimensional.

-a-train

Yes that would be true  :P