Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Save the Date... May 21st, 2011

Started by EssejSllim, January 04, 2011, 01:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EssejSllim

THE RAPTURE IS COMING!!!
Yahoo! News

Seriously, how can this even be considered news? How many times have we heard that the world is going to end? This isn't even the first time we've heard it from this particular man!
I'm extremely disappointed that all these news sites are giving this coverage.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/03/may-2 ... ay-predic/ (redirected from FoxNews)
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03/jud ... the-world/
"How terrible [the theory of evolution] will be upon the nobility of the old world. Think of their being forced to trace their ancestry back tot he duke Orang Outang or the Princess Chimpanzee." -Robert Ingersoll

"What? Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's." - Friedrich Nietzsche

LegendarySandwich

I saw this on Friendly Atheist. It's pretty pathetic.

The Magic Pudding

So the date of the world's end has been set, May 21st, 2011
So should we set up a company, offer to buy a property for 10% of its value but offer a years occupancy?
The vendors get money to spend before the world ends, but still retain their home until the very end.
And I meet my end knowing I've helped people in this difficult time.
Baron Rothschild is credited with saying the time to buy is when there's blood in the streets,
but when there's mush in the head is a good time too.

Sophus

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Sophus"What? I thought we had 'til 2012!

That's End of the world 2, you can't limit a money spinner like this to one event, it's not practical you need a franchise arrangement.

Tank

Gosh! Won't it be peaceful on the 22nd! Actually I'll take that back. As all the fundy Christians are so proud and arrogant they won't  get to go so we'll be stuck with all the whiny buggers still  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

LegendarySandwich

Maybe some of those fundies will try to nuke us to prove their date right.  :crazy:

I wouldn't put it past them.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: "Tank"Hope all goes well for you in heaven AnimatedDirt  :)

terranus

Yeah they've actually gone around putting up billboards in my city. Seen them everywhere. I'd like to say that it's an uncommon practice to put up crazy religious billboards where I live, but considering I do live in the bible belt, I'm afraid the opposite is actually the case. Between them and the rampant amount of Birthers we have down here, I think I've actually become pretty desensitized to the outlandish claims made by the religious right. Still, I wonder how silly the woman in the Yahoo News article is going to feel in a few years.
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "terranus"Still, I wonder how silly the woman in the Yahoo News article is going to feel in a few years.

Not silly at all, god has given us a reprieve, praise the lord for his graciousness.

grim-reaper

It's amazing how deluded some of these fundies are. No matter how many rapture predictions fail, some fundies still believe the next one.

Cecilie

Time to look at my bucket list again.
The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"So the date of the world's end has been set, May 21st, 2011
They might be right for once... 21st of May is my birthday, after all... And I've always wanted me an armageddon.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.