News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Sudan

Started by darkcyd, September 19, 2010, 10:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkcyd

I am surprise nobody has posted on the Sudan reforendum. It is, quite amazing in my minds eye and as a human, silently hopeful.

About 25 years ago, the British left Sudan.

In their wake, the muslim north quickly realized the southern christians and native religious region controlled most of the oil. Hungry for power and armed by the power of Islam, AK47, they went out killing any non muslim male in Sudan for 10 years until most had left to neighboring Kenya. They began to export oil but due to sanctions only china would buy and a few years ago the US put enough pressure on China for even them to stop. So, they have buckled and decided eating is better than bathing in unsold crude. The reforendum up will allow a vote separate the 2 countries. The future likely leaders for the south will be the GOSS, government of southern sudan which is very US backed and currently on a tour of the US.

Well, I for one will be glad the Darfur conflict will be over. Watching religion at its absolute best or worst depending on your point of view is breathtaking. Systemic annihilation is a science. Are you a muslim? bang.

New conflicts are of course a possibility as a huge mass of refuges will flood back in and they have to figure out how to spend the money from the oil. We can only hope it has made them wiser for it.