News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Extend The Bush Tax Cuts?

Started by jduster, September 18, 2010, 02:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jduster

While I believe the deficit is the big issue, raising taxes on anyone may hurt the recovery, which in result, will raise the deficit anyway.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jduster

yes, i am aware of that and i apologize.  moderators, delete one of them please

Asmodean

Quote from: "jduster"yes, i am aware of that and i apologize.  moderators, delete one of them please
It's cool. Such things happen. Just wanted to make you aware of that if you weren't already :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

ciredrallop

I definitely want the tax cuts to be extended permanently. This is of course assuming they quit spending so much fu**ing money that does not even exist. I know it is probably reasonable to think that 'rich' people have a bunch of money so you might as well take a few more percentage points of their money. But taking another 4% of my money and distributing it over 300 million people vs. allowing me to invest further in my business is simply a bad idea. The more money I have then the more I can invest in my business which will lead to me generating more taxable income (ie, more money collected by the IRS and myself = win/win). It should also lead to me employing more people which will take some of the burden off the federal government in regards to unemployment benefits.

There are a lot of people that think that 'rich' people just hoard their money because they are greedy. When in all reality they are greedy so they will take the money they have and try to get more. They do this by building their businesses (most 'rich' people are business owners) which involves spending money and hiring employees. This is how economies are built. Overtaxing is how economies are destroyed.

But that's just my opinion on the matter...

jduster

The deficits incurred from continuing the tax cuts on the wealthy pales in comparison to the deficits incurred from runaway spending.

The tax cuts were passed in 2001 because of a surplus, and it was supposed to be a refund of the taxpayers money.

Nobody knew we would have a war on terrorism and a financial meltdown which would completely reverse the surplus.

Now extending the tax cuts is advocated for a different reason; to stop the recession from worsening.

Will

I voted none at all. American taxes have been decreasing steadily for decades and the clear result is the massive deficits we've managed to run up in a very short time. The Keynesian model, based simply on the available economic and fiscal data from Europe and Asia, is superior than the laissez faire, Austrian model adopted since Reagan. A few examples include better quality schools, better quality healthcare, better transportation infrastructure, etc. A corporate oligarchy of the kind emerging in the United States now is nearly impossible under a Keynesian system because Keynesian economics balances power between the government and the market. It's a fundamental principle of the United States to divide power equally among different groups in order to check and balance one another.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.