News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Island holds Darwin's best-kept secret

Started by Dretlin, September 01, 2010, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dretlin

Tank

Good link, you beat me too it I read it this morning. Makes one wonder if Easter Island should be repopulated with as close an original flora and forna as we can find, it could be a valuable exercise.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

That is a nice story.
Wouldn't it have been nice to have spent 2 wars worth of money on something as inspirational as terra-forming Mars?

Tank

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"That is a nice story.
Wouldn't it have been nice to have spent 2 wars worth of money on something as inspirational as terra-forming Mars?
That is a nice thought. Although it may prove inappropriate terra-forming Mars as it may have its own, as yet undiscovered, biosphere. I'm not sure about the ethics of terra-forming a planet which alread has its own life.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"That is a nice story.
That is a nice thought. Although it may prove inappropriate terra-forming Mars as it may have its own, as yet undiscovered, biosphere. I'm not sure about the ethics of terra-forming a planet which alread has its own life.

Yes this had occurred to me, I had just made a post about newcomers to Australia bringing cats rabbits etc.
And I have been Star Trekking for years, Picard just wouldn't allow it.

Dretlin

Quote from: "Tank"Good link, you beat me too it I read it this morning. Makes one wonder if Easter Island should be repopulated with as close an original flora and forna as we can find, it could be a valuable exercise.

BBC news has actually been really good recently, I would not have been surprised if you had beat me the punch on that one!

joeactor