News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

"Movement" on YouTube?

Started by cryptographix, April 11, 2007, 04:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cryptographix

There aren't sign protests or rallies, but speaking in terms of educating Old-Earth creationists or people denying evolution, YouTube has been used to fuel an astounding atheist movement. That article was written to help free indoctrinated people but it's informative to know what's going on with atheism and the growing internet. I hope you enjoy.  8)

SteveS

Hi cryptographix.  What I really like about things like YouTube spreading atheism is that it is voluntary.  I don't think anyone can claim that YouTube is oppresive, because watching videos on in, indeed even searching it for atheist content, is completely voluntary.  The same way going to a book store and purchasing a book on atheism then reading it is completely voluntary.  The same way being made to say a pledge with "one nation under God" on it, everyday in school, is not voluntary.

Choice over indoctrination takes the moral high road.

Edited: Wow, that last video by "Imrational" was excellent!  (I own the Dawkins DVD, so I've seen the other material - it's excellent as well).

cryptographix

Thanks for the reply, Steve. Dawkins is my role model, haha. I am reading The God Delusion book now and he's a great writer. I've spent countless hours watching his videos on YouTube. It seems hosts of various TV shows have spent months recruiting/compiling the toughest possible questions, from the most qualified theists they can network to, to challenge Dawkins. However, on every last interview he shuts the questions down one after another right off the top of his head. Not only that, he does it with no hesitation and it's fluent.
...very admirable.

SteveS

Yeah, I like him too.  I enjoy his presentation style.  If you've watched a bunch on YouTube, then you've probably already listened to this one, I think it was an interview on NPR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v3RWRyNq3w
It was one of my favorites.

Eclecticsaturn

Quote from: "SteveS"Hi cryptographix.  What I really like about things like YouTube spreading atheism is that it is voluntary.  I don't think anyone can claim that YouTube is oppresive, because watching videos on in, indeed even searching it for atheist content, is completely voluntary.  The same way going to a book store and purchasing a book on atheism then reading it is completely voluntary.  The same way being made to say a pledge with "one nation under God" on it, everyday in school, is not voluntary.

Choice over indoctrination takes the moral high road.

Edited: Wow, that last video by "Imrational" was excellent!  (I own the Dawkins DVD, so I've seen the other material - it's excellent as well).

ya what he said.  here, here!