News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

"Dr." Kent Hovind's Dissertation

Started by Squid, January 24, 2010, 05:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

If anyone is interested in seeing the world's worst excuse for a dissertation, you can download a pdf of Kent Hovind's dissertation to view:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=STERW274

I'll have to warn you that it is painful to go through.  This is one of the least academic works I've ever seen.  The ideas ramble, the writing style is informal and absolutely no references anywhere to be found unless you count bible passages.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Wikipedia"In 1988 and 1991 respectively, Hovind was awarded a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from the non-accredited Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado (now Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado which no longer offers this program).

Surprise!
-Curio

xSilverPhinx

"Hello, my name is Kent Hovind"

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  :sadcry:

It really is a sad thing that someone would write a doctorial dissertation on the scientific aspects of a creation myth, denying reality and misrepresenting scientific fact in the process. It's even sadder that this actually passed as a doctorial dissertation.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

The lunatics are taking over the asylum!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Regens Küchl

I love this here :
QuoteHow to irritate an atheist...

. . .

16) Cite Kent Hovind as a legitimate source of information.

17) ...and call him "Dr. Hovind."

. . .

http://www.rationalresponders.com/how_t ... an_atheist

And I made a most appreciated "Dr. Kent Hovind Appreciation Thread" at the Richard Dawkins Forum :devil:
http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtop ... 6&t=110219

Thumpalumpacus

Apparently his language skills are as dreadful as his math.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Caecilian

I skimmed some of it...couldn't do any more than that. As squid says, its painful to read. A real university would've thrown the whole thing in the waste paper basket, not awarded the author a doctorate. Its the work of a barely literate bible freak whose academic skills would be insufficient for undergraduate study- at least at a real university.

Ken Hovind 'PhD'.  roflol

Regens Küchl

What does an Evangelical Christian say to an other Evangelical Christian when the phone rings ?

"Don’t answer! It’s the Pope and he’s got your phone number!"

Regens Küchl

All Evangelicals live constantly in their greatest fear : That the Pope would call them one day and convert them to catholicism

Quote'Lord Jesus Christ' Run Over In Mass. Crosswalk

The victim has probably forgiven the woman who ran him down in a Northampton crosswalk.

The police haven't.

Police say a Pittsfield woman has been cited for running down Lord Jesus Christ as he crossed the street in Northampton.

Officers responding to Tuesday's incident checked the 50-year-old Belchertown man's ID and discovered that, indeed, Lord Jesus Christ is his legal name.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor facial injuries.

Police say 20-year-old Brittany Cantarella was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
http://wbztv.com/local/jesus.christ.hit.2.1681157.html
:lol:

QuoteChurch offers worship service for dogs

DANVERS, Mass. â€" A Massachusetts church is scheduled to launch a new monthly worship service â€" for dogs.

Calvary Episcopal Church will offer later this month its first "Perfect Paws Pet Ministry" aimed at giving area pooches and their owners improved odds at getting canines into heaven.

The Danvers church plans to hold the service on the third Sunday of every month, complete with communion for the humans and special blessings for pets. Dogs will get special treats.

Church officials said well-mannered, leashed dogs are invited. People can submit a paper prayer if their pets are sick, not good around other dogs or deceased. Prayers can also be offered for other types of pets.

Rev. Thea Keith-Lucas told The Salem News dogs will have a say during service because barking won't be banned.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... z0tvBRUQNh

Martin TK

Since completing my own dissertation, I have read the works of and sponsored a number of graduate student, I honestly thought I had seen the worst of the worst, that was until I read this.... I can't even begin to describe the horror I've experienced here today. :shake:
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Reasonable

Dr. Kent Hovind.  Maybe I should go to Patriot Bible University spew out nonsense and ask them to give me a masters degree in BS.

So loved the Lord Jesus Christ post though.

Ned

Man, War of the Worlds was just a movie... with Tom Cruise!

Squid

Quote from: "Ned"Man, War of the Worlds was just a movie... with Tom Cruise!

...and Tom Cruise doesn't like psychiatrists...what does that have to do with the color of Russell's teapot?