News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

2012 Is An Atheistic Propaganda Film

Started by pj084527, December 16, 2009, 10:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDavidBowers

Haha you're totally right!

I didn't think it was a really good movie. Why does Roland Emmerich always blow up the world?

Speaking of Atheist propaganda, I just watched a small film called THE EVANGELIST. It's funny. I'm sure it can be interpreted as a religious film, but it totally came across as an advocate for freethinking. It's about a young boy who goes on a religious crusade and totally freaks out!

See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVI3VeSavtw

I think you can also watch the film on July 6 on the website: http://theevangelistmovie.wordpress.com/web-premiere/

WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?

Tank

Quote from: "MrDavidBowers"Haha you're totally right!

I didn't think it was a really good movie. Why does Roland Emmerich always blow up the world?

Speaking of Atheist propaganda, I just watched a small film called THE EVANGELIST. It's funny. I'm sure it can be interpreted as a religious film, but it totally came across as an advocate for freethinking. It's about a young boy who goes on a religious crusade and totally freaks out!

See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVI3VeSavtw

I think you can also watch the film on July 6 on the website: http://theevangelistmovie.wordpress.com/web-premiere/

WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?
BECAUSE OF CAPS LOCK!!!!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

I wasted 2 and a half hours of my life watching this movie. Luckily I didn't pay for the ticket.  :P
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: "Cecilie"I wasted 2 and a half hours of my life watching this movie. Luckily I didn't pay for the ticket.  :P
Well it wasn't too bad, sort of 6/10 like any effects movie with no decernable plot eg Avatar
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Cecilie"I wasted 2 and a half hours of my life watching this movie. Luckily I didn't pay for the ticket.  :P
Well it wasn't too bad, sort of 6/10 like any effects movie with no decernable plot eg Avatar
What does 'decernable' mean?

karadan

Quote from: "Cecilie"I wasted 2 and a half hours of my life watching this movie. Luckily I didn't pay for the ticket.  :D
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Cecilie

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Cecilie"I wasted 2 and a half hours of my life watching this movie. Luckily I didn't pay for the ticket.  :D
It was a total cliché.

karadan

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Cecilie

Quote from: "karadan"It was still awesome.
The special effects, yes. The plot, no.

karadan

Well what do you expect? It was a James Cameron film! I still thought the plot was awesome. But then i'm a sucker for sci-fi.

I loved Avatar. It was awesome :)

Tank

Quote from: "Cecilie"
What does 'decernable' mean?
Discernible. Might have helped if I had spelt it right.

To be able to see something, to pick it out from a background. For example one could say one had 'discerned a persons argument' one had understood it. So to have 'no discernible plot' would mean it had no plot that one could recognise. Does that help?

Tank

I loved Avatar, but it could have been so much better  :sigh:

karadan

Quote from: "Tank"I loved Avatar, but it could have been so much better  :sigh:

Yeah, it could have had Arnie in it :p

Tank

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Tank"I loved Avatar, but it could have been so much better  :sigh:

Yeah, it could have had Arnie in it :p
Yes. But only if it had been made in his hay day.

Cecilie

Quote from: "karadan"Well what do you expect? It was a James Cameron film!
Well you got me there.